what did you get for christmas?

@idrob how is this box performing mate ,
thinking about getting one meself ;)

The box is performing admirably mate

The T8-AML-V2 with 8GB built up a reputation for itself as being one of the best boxes on the market for that price range

And now the T8-AML-V3 with 16GB looks like is doing the same

But don’t confuse them with the cheaper fake T8s and T8 Pro

If you’re going to get one make sure you get it from a reputable company like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Well once again Santa was very kind and brought me a Phantom3 drone. Only had it out once, as weather conditions yesterday & today have been 'unfavourable'.
I'll upload some footage once I have something worthy.

Hi all,
I got a raspberry PI 2 b model :) so i am now off to install openelec with kodi and start my streaming .. no longer having to run it off the phone.. Yes !!

Cheers and merry xmas and a happy new year everyone

Well once again Santa was very kind and brought me a Phantom3 drone. Only had it out once, as weather conditions yesterday & today have been 'unfavourable'.
I'll upload some footage once I have something worthy.
I got the same mate :) Phantom 3 Advance, Just got a spare battery for just under £100, battery only lasts just over 20 mins

Like you only been out a couple of times because of weather but found it easy to fly

You seen this > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qkKY9lR8Zs

Not sure I would have the confidence to fly an £800+ drone out there lol

Socks, and aftershave.

Nice socks mind :)

Those phantom 3 look the nuts !

Mick

A we late present for me. The wife let me splash out and buy my sonos subwoofer.
Awesome bit of kit when tied in with the playbar and a couple of sonos ones. You don't just hear the sounds you now feel them.

Yep, that would have been a tad scary for me too. I read that the tx power (therefore range) is reduced in the EU- and is presently un-hackable as it is set by GPS!
I'm using an old Sony Xperia Z1 compact for monitoring. It's not on DJI's list of approved devices, but it runs the app quite happily without overheating.

Yep, that would have been a tad scary for me too. I read that the tx power (therefore range) is reduced in the EU- and is presently un-hackable as it is set by GPS!
I'm using an old Sony Xperia Z1 compact for monitoring. It's not on DJI's list of approved devices, but it runs the app quite happily without overheating.
@trevortron can I ask what model you got ? as the advance and professional are a bit different from the standard phantom 3, the advance and professional use light bridge and not wifi so have a superior range, I have had mine up to 400 metres which is roughly 1300ft but can go upto 500 metres.

Have you disabled beginner mode yet ? that is limited to 30metre height and 30 metre distance I believe. I think the only real restriction is near airports, if you are in GPS mode

@trevortron can I ask what model you got ? as the advance and professional are a bit different from the standard phantom 3, the advance and professional use light bridge and not wifi so have a superior range, I have had mine up to 400 metres which is roughly 1300ft but can go upto 500 metres.

Have you disabled beginner mode yet ? that is limited to 30metre height and 30 metre distance I believe. I think the only real restriction is near airports, if you are in GPS mode

I got the Advanced mate. I didn't think I'd disabled the beginner mode but I did venture a good bit further away today- almost 1km, so maybe I have. I know the neighbourhood well, so felt comfortable as long as I could see on the screen where it was. I will try and go a bit higher once the weather improves- it's not wall-to-wall sunshine here, contrary to common belief!
They're having a new year firework display tonight- very tempting, but as I've not flown in the dark yet I think I'll give it a miss for this year.

Back