What can I get?

Micalee

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am interested in something like the Eurovox which allows me to watch channels like I can with my SkyHD. My friend has the Eurovox pvr ex5000 which looks good. I really am after advice on having something similar to the capabilities of SkyHD. I would like to be able to record onto a hard drive, record one channel and be able to watch a different channel, pause and rewind live tv.

Ideally I would like to benefit also from HD and would like to watch HD channels.

I was advised by a supplier that the Eurovox EX7000 HD does pretty much what I want, only thing it cant do is record 1 channel while watching another. The only box that can do that is THE BOX PVR which they dont do anymore because they are unreliable.

Please can you advise what you have which fits my requirements

You need a V+ box m8. Cable equivalent of the SKY+HD box. Record two channels whilst watching a third. They are a bit slow responding to buttons though on the downside but IMO better than any other PVR for the money.

if your wanting a twin tuner HD pvr box you gonna have to pay a fair bit.

one that spring to my mind right aways is the abcom ip9000HD box, think they their around the £450 mark the now however they probably coming with 2 sat tuners so you would need to purchase 2 cable tuners for your needs and looking at best part of another ton there.

And i dont think this box is as simple to plug in a set up like most other less featured boxes.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_lsqKAK4c

Thanks for all the replies - I have now bought a Humax Freesat HDR Twin Tuner PVR. Does everything I want plus a few other nice little touches. Argos £293.59, I paid £240 from an online dealership with 2yrs warranty

Back