What box?

madonion

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am looking to get into the whole sat thing but I am at a total loss of what to go for and what I need to do. I have read a few bits but it doesn't seem like the good old days of dbox2 (cable) where you flash the image and that's it!!
Just a basic hd box to get me started will do and I had the skybox f3 in mind but a quick look at the downloads section and there is nothing there for this box!
A bit of advice or even a noob guide of what to get and do would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys.

Hey all! I would highly recommend the Swedish alternative based on dreambox but with YouTube and Internet TV, freetV etc. it is called miraclebox. You can find them over at miraclebox.se. They are excellent and very noob friendly, great sound and picture quality! Highly recommended. The guys over at team miraclebox deserve some recognition for the hard work they've put into producing what every satellite customer demands in a great sat, cable and free to air receiver!
the prices beat dreambox and the hardware is almost identical, different OS build but still Linux, able to run all the cams and plugins available for most boxes out there and again excellent box. Take a few seconds to have a look please..

sincerely
julez

Can the f3 boxes record to external hdd or just a flash drive? Getting close to understanding (I think) how these work, I just don't want to buy the box and a sub and then find out I've missed something! I'm sure I read somewhere that people are using 2 boxes one as some sort of server!??

Can the f3 boxes record to external hdd or just a flash drive? Getting close to understanding (I think) how these work, I just don't want to buy the box and a sub and then find out I've missed something! I'm sure I read somewhere that people are using 2 boxes one as some sort of server!??

yes u can record on external hdd and a flash drive m8

Hey all! I would highly recommend the Swedish alternative based on dreambox but with YouTube and Internet TV, freetV etc. it is called miraclebox. You can find them over at miraclebox.se. They are excellent and very noob friendly, great sound and picture quality! Highly recommended. The guys over at team miraclebox deserve some recognition for the hard work they've put into producing what every satellite customer demands in a great sat, cable and free to air receiver!
the prices beat dreambox and the hardware is almost identical, different OS build but still Linux, able to run all the cams and plugins available for most boxes out there and again excellent box. Take a few seconds to have a look please..

sincerely
julez

They have a few intresting models inclusing twin sat tuner ones..But they are not Broadcom based like Dreamboxes or VU..so Enigma 2 compatibility cant be gauranteed..They use STI chipsets and CPU, probably similar to Amikos or the other Fulan based chineese recievers Golden Media etc.. No UK reseller either...

take a look on : gigablue 800 hd se // mk digital xp1000 ! ;)
they are working fine and are really fast! No blue screen or sth. like this! ;)

Back