What are referees doing

langland

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am amazed at how crap referees are now that they have become professional.
I watched Southampton v Blackburn last week and first of all the ref gave Southampton a pen (for nothing) in the last minute and then booked a player twice without sending him off - the pen decided the outcome of the game.
I watched Blackburn v Man Utd, Saha handled in the box (the ref missed it) Smith scored - the handball (missed by the ref) decided the outcome of the game.
I watched Bolton v Liverpool linesman disallowed agoal for offside (nowhere near) decided the outcome of the game.
I saw highlights of Villa v Newcastle Sorrenson handled outside the box (automatic sending off) and only got booked.
I saw highlights of Norwich v Arsenal Lauren as last defender brought down Huckerby (auotomatic sending off) and only got booked.

Seems like the referees are making up the rules as they go along.

I think it will only be a matter of time before a club sues the FA for allowing an incompetent referee to decide the outcome of a game which costs that club millions
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

u missed the double booking in the european game with liverpool

what happened did he get banned

problem is u as a footballer make a mistake a late tackel u can either get booked or get sent off but as a referee or lines man u make a mistake
what happens to u nothing
if u r a professional referee or lines man u should also be baned miss a game if u make a mistake

plus as a footballer or a manager u cannot say that the ref made a mistake cos u then get a fine
but if u as a footballer say an opposision player cheated or made a bad tackle u dont get touched by the fa

i agree lauren should have walked and to add to that he made a terrible tackle in the last 10 mins and never got booked ... should have been sent off.

manchester united vs everton the ref blatently saw the handball and never gave everton a obvious penalty !

the refs are a joke there are a few decent refs but i think they all ref in spain :(

Yep again the Sorensen 1 was a bad 1. Guess the laws on interpretation for the ref's have been changed again for this season. They will no doubt change them again be4 the season's much older :)

I agree D'urso, riley and Co are crap, what i find unacceptable is the role of the fourth official
all he does is report managers and players to the ref for any remarks or gestures they make and hold up a board telling you there are x number of minutes extra time (unless your man u)
whats the point of a fourth official, the ball boy could do his job (in the case of extra time alex furguson already does)

8780davy
here to please

8780davy said:
I agree D'urso, riley and Co are crap, what i find unacceptable is the role of the fourth official
all he does is report managers and players to the ref for any remarks or gestures they make and hold up a board telling you there are x number of minutes extra time (unless your man u)
whats the point of a fourth official, the ball boy could do his job (in the case of extra time alex furguson already does)

8780davy
here to please

Agreed, it's an easy days pay for em.....where do i enroll :_)

Having watched 3 of yesterdays games on match of the day I saw 5 defo penalties not given, 2 on Bowyer, one on Cole, one on Henry and one on Drogba who got booked.

I wouldn't pay them in washers.

i agree with that 100%

And My Lot HAd T.C The Top Cat..Tim Cahill sent of for well...ridculousness...AN out break of Common sense should surely prevail regarding the more trivial matters, with the focus being more directly on bad tackles, blatent Foul Play, Diving, Keeping Lauren & VIera Apart, etc. This suppled smilie Icon constitutes referees persistant performance regarding, the trivial matters..... :toiletcla ..though FIFA & the FA etc have plenty of answerables aswell......My Mum Loves me anyway...Sat Night Oz time, first day here n all, but, hey is SAt night. SO am enjoying a few Ambients as is par 4 the cause. :Cheers:

I shouldnt be so Quick to be satarical..as there are Rubmlings my way That ToomY Grav & Marcus Bent got a lil physical @ training thru the week. However Ill never miss a chance to try pull one over the ole Arsenal...

I feel a bit sorry for ref's, if they have a great game very few people, like the pundits and critics say a word, make a couple of fcuk ups and they're public enemy numero uno lol, I don't see any other way around it all the time the "human" factor is involved without slowing the game down or making it unplayable with fourth and fifth officials with state of the art video gear and replays, I think we just have to except that refs are human and will make mistakes, I just wish they'd be more consistant when it comes to bookings, what annoys me is when you see a player make a really really bad challenge and get a yellow card, then 5 mins later a player gets red carded cos he lifts he's shirt over he's head and has already been booked earlier for something else silly, but back to the fcuk ups, as Alex Ferguson said over the season you get some bad ones against you and some even worse ones for you but it normally works out even at the end

Seems to be a common complaint acorss many ball sports codes Bronto. Most readily recognise that human error from time to time is going happen ( has 2 really doesnt it) However consitency is a common cry I here from sports that have rounded to oval shaped kicking aparatus..

Back