What Anti-Virus

McAffee on the important stuff and avast on the others. Norton???? Tried it and met too many people had problems with 2004 / 2005 that I wouldn't dare.

fes_786 said:
i say use zone alarm pro suite v6.1.737

antivirus
firewall
spywere remover
all in one

:Cheers: :Cheers:

All in ones take up too many system resources, tried quite a few and now just use
Symantec Corp and Sygate Personal firewall Pro.
Aint had a problem for yet

spiff said:
All in ones take up too many system resources, tried quite a few and now just use
Symantec Corp and Sygate Personal firewall Pro.
Aint had a problem for yet

well i have not had a problem and it does not use much of my resources it onl uses 2% plus i have got dual 1gb corsair ram

nkw59 said:
I was using Kaspersky but if anything happens after a month of installing it and you have to do a format you have to pay for another licence key.Bit of a bummer and i dont agree with it.

@ nkw59 i dont understand !!!, the licence key is valid for 1 year, if u have to format and re-install u can use the same key no problems. u obviously have to back it up to somewhere other than your hard drive. i have done a time or 2 no problem.

Tried avg but using avast now finds more nasty's.:proud:

avast 4.6pro,tried a lot including norton crap works 2006,kaspersky personal pro,bitdefender 8,mcaffee 2005 but just keep going back to avast

shooiethemug said:
Using AVG free. Seems to do the trick and gets good write ups in mags.
hi i used to use norton for some years not always trouble free? eventually i took my computer to p- wo--d and the technician install avg free and i must say i have had no problems since.

:proud: bullgard 6.0 well recommended:proud:

Kaspersky Personal Pro
i can tell you without a doubt that KAV is the best you can get,
it is a little hard on system resources but imo its well worth it.

Nod32 is also a nice antivirus, very low on resources and if you have advanced heuristics enabled it will keep your system clean

McAfee Enterprise 8.0i+ is also worth checking out,
its fairly easy on resources and does a good job overall

Hi

been useing kaspersky for about two years, its the best out there tried others, which let viruses through this one dont let nothing through.

damn excellent: Clap:

Back