Western Digital TV Live Streaming Media Player - £66.09

smcsmc

Inactive User
Reaction score
Amazon are matching the 24hr deal at Pixmania (inc delivery) so expect this to end in 22 hours. Amazing price.

Western Digital TV Live Streaming Media Player: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Technical Details

Enjoy Internet entertainment on your TV, including movies, TV catch-up, YouTube and Facebook
Play your personal media collection in Full HD 1080p
Built-in Wi-Fi and intuitive interface
Play a wide variety of file formats including MKV, MP4, XVID, AVI, WMV, and MOV
Play media from USB drives, network drives, and any PC or Mac computer in your home

Product Description
Entertainment your way - Play movies, music, photos and the best of the Internet on your HDTV
Play movies, music, photos and the best of the Internet on your HDTV
Enjoy some of the best content the Internet has to offer from the comfort of your sofa. Click here to see a larger image.
The best of the Internet on your HDTV

Stream hit movies, catch up on TV shows, stay connected to your social network, enjoy on-demand access to your favourite music. Don't settle for online entertainment on your small computer screen. With the WD TV Live streaming media player, you can enjoy it all on your HDTV.

Couple of questions for anyone that has one

1. Does this use metadata? or is it straight file access.
2. Does it auto-scan your library for TV Show's, Movies etc and update accordingly
3. What is the interface like i.e. does it scroll movie metadata or files (I guess question on would answer that)
4. Can this be customised i.e. firmware, apps etc.
5. Does it do things like run a trailer for a movie you have in your library etc.

I'm trying to liken it to ATV2/XMBC, but obviously without the jerkiness on anything HD.

Last edited:
Back