West Ham seal £7.5m Bellamy deal

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
West Ham have completed the signing of striker Craig Bellamy from Liverpool for a club record £7.5m.
The 27-year-old Wales captain has signed a five-year contract.

Bellamy spent only one season at Liverpool and his departure follows the Reds' summer signings of forwards Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin.

The former Norwich, Coventry and Newcastle star arrived at Anfield in a £6m deal from Blackburn and scored nine goals in 42 appearances.

Bellamy's move was delayed because of a private contractual dispute with Liverpool, which has since been resolved.

There seemed to be little doubt that he would be shown the exit door this summer after Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez dropped at hint at the unveiling of Torres.

Spaniard Torres was added to a strikeforce including Voronin, Crouch and Dirk Kuyt, meaning Bellamy - and Djibril Cisse, who has joined Marseille - had to make way because they were surplus to requirements.

Benitez is keen on West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun but has had a bid turned down in what he insists is a separate issue to the Bellamy deal.

"Any move for Benayoun will not be linked with the Bellamy sale," he said. "We made an offer, which was rejected.

"He is a player I like and would want to sign, and I believe he wants to join us, but that deal will be separate now. We will have to wait and see what happens now next week."

But the Reds may end their interest in the right-sided midfielder as they have now made a bid for Ajax winger Ryan Babel.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6270944.stm

Published: 2007/07/10 08:22:39 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Good riddance he seems to be a trouble maker where ever he goes. Good luck west ham cos I think your gonna need it with him.

Welcome Bellamy!!!

I know he's a trouble maker but we could do with the pace. Great signing for a good price imo

Bellamy has been involved with court cases, and he's not seen eye to eye with Shearer. However, to be fair, he's not caused problems at Liverpool. He always gives 100% and that's the important thing. He even gave Wrexham some of his cash to help them recently, how many players would have done that?

Thanks Craig, hope it goes well for you at the Hammers (except against us!)

i cant see him stayin there for long seein as he has been to a lot of different clubs and has pissed a lot of people off he should of just stayed at blackburn he was doing fine there and got on with everyone and got lots of goals !!!

good luck to him but cant see him stayin at west ham for long

: multi :

Back