Well done Man City, United are a team in decline

akon1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Credit to City they could have quit when we built a 8 point lead but no they stuck at it and just carried on getting results hammering WBA and Norwich and really raising that goal difference in the process. Beating United twice and lets be clear United were 2nd best in both league contests and had Kompany not been sent off i doubt we'd have beaten them in the FA cup as we almost blew it when they were down to 10.

There is no doubt our team isn't good enough but i am still proud that despite the huge difference in quality especially in the midfield we have competed pretty well. City for the talent they have should have a 10 point lead in all honesty.

Overall the problems for United are at the full back position both Evra and Rafael have time and again proven their inability to defend. With Evra we have a player past it he really is finished atleast with Rafael he is young learning and getting better.

I am also not happy with Phil Jones he is yet another typically overrated English player. I wasn't happy when we bought him that 16 or so million we spent on him should have been used on midfield. We had plenty of options at centre back in Rio, Vidic , Evans and Smallling plus the kids in reserves.

Our central midfield is weaker than any team in the top 6. Scholes had to come out of retirement to pull the strings. Anderson the fat blob is always injured and another big time flop. Park has done his job in shirt sales and some big performances but he is past it. Giggs and Scholes as much as i like them should really retire they are just holding us back, they can't play week in week out nor can they compete in the very biggest of games as proven at Man City where Toure had Scholes in his back pocket.

This United team is in decline has been since Ronaldo left along with Tevez. We never replaced them 2 players really. We need about 5 new players and need to shift some of the mediocre ones.

Players like Anderson, Park, Berbatov (sadly) and Evra i would like to see gone, although Evra won't go i can see the other 3 going.

We can then look to bring in some new talent which we desperately need. I also find it rather hypocritical from Sir Alex saying we can't compete with City as they have too much money well you know what that is how the rest of the league felt before the Glazers took over but no one complained and Arsenal proved you can compete. The real problem is we have since the Glazers took over been unable to compete in net spend with the likes of Sunderland its not because we don't make money its the fact the debt the Glazers have put us under huge debt and refuse to allow us to spend on the big name players.

We just don't have the money from the owners to buy the £25-30 million players no need to say City are making the market stupid which they might be to an extent but they are not the only ones to do that.

Credit to City they could have quit when we built a 8 point lead but no they stuck at it and just carried on getting results hammering WBA and Norwich and really raising that goal difference in the process. Beating United twice and lets be clear United were 2nd best in both league contests and had Kompany not been sent off i doubt we'd have beaten them in the FA cup as we almost blew it when they were down to 10.

There is no doubt our team isn't good enough but i am still proud that despite the huge difference in quality especially in the midfield we have competed pretty well. City for the talent they have should have a 10 point lead in all honesty.

Overall the problems for United are at the full back position both Evra and Rafael have time and again proven their inability to defend. With Evra we have a player past it he really is finished atleast with Rafael he is young learning and getting better.

I am also not happy with Phil Jones he is yet another typically overrated English player. I wasn't happy when we bought him that 16 or so million we spent on him should have been used on midfield. We had plenty of options at centre back in Rio, Vidic , Evans and Smallling plus the kids in reserves.

Our central midfield is weaker than any team in the top 6. Scholes had to come out of retirement to pull the strings. Anderson the fat blob is always injured and another big time flop. Park has done his job in shirt sales and some big performances but he is past it. Giggs and Scholes as much as i like them should really retire they are just holding us back, they can't play week in week out nor can they compete in the very biggest of games as proven at Man City where Toure had Scholes in his back pocket.

This United team is in decline has been since Ronaldo left along with Tevez. We never replaced them 2 players really. We need about 5 new players and need to shift some of the mediocre ones.

Players like Anderson, Park, Berbatov (sadly) and Evra i would like to see gone, although Evra won't go i can see the other 3 going.

We can then look to bring in some new talent which we desperately need. I also find it rather hypocritical from Sir Alex saying we can't compete with City as they have too much money well you know what that is how the rest of the league felt before the Glazers took over but no one complained and Arsenal proved you can compete. The real problem is we have since the Glazers took over been unable to compete in net spend with the likes of Sunderland its not because we don't make money its the fact the debt the Glazers have put us under huge debt and refuse to allow us to spend on the big name players.

We just don't have the money from the owners to buy the £25-30 million players no need to say City are making the market stupid which they might be to an extent but they are not the only ones to do that.

It's not over till the fat lady sings................or Fergie time ends, whichever comes sooner.

As for the players I agree about Jones but he's young and will come good along with Smalling, I hope. As for the money who says we haven't got the money? did we not spend 50+ million last year, maybe they've got the same maybe they haven't, only UTD know.

If City do win, they deserve it and I also think it'll be good for the premiership and us. We will be back

Yep tbh if we win I will be delighted but it wont be deserved,
City have been far better for the best part of the season and we have looked second rate for most of it,
mind you that doesnt say too much for the rest of the league considering we are the only real challengers City have had all season,so maybe there's another reason behind this decline for more teams then just us,

United's net spend over the past five years amounts to £51.6m. Which is considerably below the £25m per season the Glazers once promised. City's total is £418.9m, Chelsea £155.9m, Liverpool's £83.3m and Tottenham's £66.7m. Perhaps most surprisingly, Sunderland have also spent more than United, with £69.2m, as have Aston Villa on £68.4m. And who would have thought that Stoke, on £59.7m, would be more prolific spenders than England's best-supported club?

The stats are there to see we don't and haven't been able to spend the mega bucks since the takeover. Ironic how private ownership at Man City has changed them from being a laughing stock to what they will no doubt become a European heavyweight no doubt like Chelsea. We still have a good nucleus of players but we lack the magical players i don't see us having someone who has bums of seats like City do with Silva and Nasri players who can dictate a game. I know Scholes can control a game but thats only against your Villas and QPR's now, as father time catches up with everyone. Scholes was unhappy and retired due to his lack of action in big games there is a reason for this though and its his age, as much as i like the guy he is our best midfielder of the past 20 years he can't be expected to do a job.

We are being linked with a few names now Kagawa the young Japanease player who plays for the German champions Borrusia Dortmund is being mentioned as Parks replacement makes sense as he is asian and the Glazers can continue to tap into the asian market.
Eden Hazard is another but surprise surprise City want him too, so we won't be able to compete is what our manager will say.

This summer will give a true indication on what the intent of the Glazers is we need 2 really big name players to settle us the fans and also give a response to Ciity and our rivals.

as an outsider looking in." we never get no fecking money " the yanks dont see the passion like we do, its all about making money to them.
the owner's of city just want the bragging rights and money's no object to them.if football goes completly just to making money and. a rich kids money and not the true game. its a sorry state .

Last edited:
For the Glazers its always been about making money, for City owner he is more at loss then making any money as he is investing his own fortune in the club.

Whereas the Glazer takeover meant the money they borrowed to buy the club was put on the clubs books as debt as they never had the financial resources to buy us. Its like buying a house on mortgage but its worse than that if you buy a house you expect to pay the mortgage yourself the glazers take further money out and the club through its turnover pays the interest fees. On top of that they regularly take a few million out for their personal lifestyles.

I just wish we were owned by shareholders we'd be in such a better position. City have the dream owner really. He is investing in them with us our owners are draining us.

Even the new owners at Liverpool seem willing to spend. Our owners have always been typical jews, tight as a ducks ass.

No real shame in losing the league on goal difference to a 450 million pound arabian toy ;)

I dont see the signing fee as the major issue for united it's the wage demands we can't compete with, we looked all set to complete on Sneijder before the greedy git started demanding upwards of 200 grand a week. United as a brand have always been about bringing in and developing youth, it was started back in the days of Sir Matt and then reinforced under SAF and has been a very succesfull and profitable way to do business. The club is being used by the Glaziers as a cash cow and from their point of view a very succesull one indeed. The debt is reduced by over a third and now that the pik loans interest payments (which was the killer) seem to have vanished into thin air United from a financial point of view are actually on the up. We need to spend this summer (probably last summer to be fair) on 2-3 players and the wheels of the machine will click subtly back into place. All we seem to be missing is a midfield powerhouse in the Toure ilk (seem to remember us being in for him until he settled on the bigger wages) some big box to box midfielder but there seems to be a startling lack of those about. In which case someone like Ever Banega who is touted to Inter for only 8 million he is strong on the ball, quick, very tricky and cant half pick a pass. I would say Eden Hazard but since Fergies expressed an interest I expect he is on his way to City ;) I do think there could be something in the rumour about Kagawa coming to United as we do like to keep our hand in the eastern market and he looks like the best thing out there at the minute. We also need a LB to either take Evra's place or at the least give him some cover and a little pressure for a place, he's been our weak link in defence despite Vidic's injury which is saying a hell of a lot about the Frenchman to be honest lol.
We badly need to offload some wages and for me in this order
Park, Owen, Berba (sadly) and Anderson just seems so injury prone perhaps it's time to cut our loses.
As for the old boys then I see no harm in keeping them in the squad, we could look to a squad of 22 with 30 made up with youth and the old guys, what fantastic impact players Giggs and Scholes can make but the days of them being the starting 11 need to be brought to an end.

In decline indeed lol like I said in my opening sentence we are second on goal difference to a 450 million pound squad and are only second because we took our eyes off the ball against Everton. The FFP rules will come into play very soon and will hinder the the sugar daddy culture although it wont stop it. United still accumulate the most revenue of any club on the planet and as such will clear the Glazier debt, now as a United fan I have watched how the Glaziers work and they are very shrewd indeed, don't be surprised if a large war chest is made available to the club this summer to keep that revenue of spilling into the club.

@ miggy :Moon: lol

No real shame in losing the league on goal difference to a 450 million pound arabian toy ;)

I agree 100% m8 but we have been absolute crap this season,by our standards,
so its not losing the title this year that bothers me its whether we can compete next year that worries me.

I agree 100% m8 but we have been absolute crap this season,by our standards,
so its not losing the title this year that bothers me its whether we can compete next year that worries me.

We have mate we've been utter inconsistent shite but that say's a fair bit about the competition as well lol.

It's just center midfield we come up short and if we can bring 2 players of genuine quality we will be back to our best, when Scholes came back in fresh we purred through matches like United of old but he's my age lol and I fully understand he's ran out of steam.
Modric I would take in a heartbeat and also Ever Banega maybe Martinez but all seem a bit far fetched to be fair so we shall have to see what value SAF finds in the market as it is out there, look no further than Newcastle for proof.
If you want to see real decline just look East down the M62 lol

Today Eden Hazard choses Chelsea over United.

Now money is probably a factor but it is not the reason he never signed for us as we along with our noisy neighbours agreed terms like Chelsea did. He has somehow been able to get convinced by a club who haven't even decided who is going to manage them for next season.

United just can't attract the big names. since Ronaldo left to join Real Madrid and Tevez's loan expired we've not been able to bring in one top class talent in.

The Glazers are running this club to the shitter, Sir Alex will come out with his usual line there is no value in the market. Its all becoming rather boring and soon we will become the new Liverpool, with the 2 billionaire owners of City and Chelsea fight it out for the top honours.

We've been able to compete with Chelsea but that was because we had the likes Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo. Now that nucleus of players is entering its twilight years and we've not been able to replace the midfielders. the most important postition on the football field is the centre of midfield this is where many games care won and lost. We just can't bring any top talent in. Scholes is past it he will be burned out by Christmas.

Giggs and Scholes are absolute legend but they are too selfish. They can't last the pace in the big games and should just retire but are carrying on with nothing left to prove its hard for them to accept but its time to retire and it is why have huge respect for Gary Neville.

As for next season we will be fighting for a place in 3rd or 4th position.

Rooney won't stay long, when he questioned the clubs ambition and got slaughtered by everyone including some fans who went to his house, did he actually do anything wrong is what i asked my self? As a fan i too would question the ambition of the club after all what have the Glazers done?

We've become a laughing stock because of these stupid yank owners. Things will not get much better for us next season will be worse and as much as i hate to say it we will become the new Liverpool with these Glazers in control.

Players like Welbeck starting for us says it all, as much as i like him he is not a starter for what is supposed to be on of Europes elite clubs, i have no doubts he wouldn't even make the bench at certain clubs but such is the state of our squad he starts and Evra can make countless mistakes yet carries on being selected because he has no competition. Scholes and Carrick are so one dimensional but we can't go to replace them but Fletcher is injured long term along with that fat turkey Anderson.

Cleverly is made of glass.

Rant over

So Man United play crap and you blame it on Manchester City having too much money how pathetic. You got beat by a better side you have won the league so many times its become boring. You cannot win everything all the time and I personally think Man United have lost the plot at the moment.Man City is the way forward at the moment and they can only get stronger and stronger.

So Man United play crap and you blame it on Manchester City having too much money how pathetic. You got beat by a better side you have won the league so many times its become boring. You cannot win everything all the time and I personally think Man United have lost the plot at the moment.Man City is the way forward at the moment and they can only get stronger and stronger.

If your on about the previous post miggy then I would read it again as I don't think that's what the post is saying, however the post is utter BS and a panic reaction to Hazard going to Chelsea.
Panicking about who we have and have not signed when the transfer window has not even been opened pmsl, Hazard was set to join Utd but Chelsea have offered him 175k a week and paid his agents fee of 7 million pound. Ridiculous figures for a 21 year old but if the owner feels it necessary to offer such huge sums to lure players into the club then that say's more about Chelsea than it does about United.

If your on about the previous post miggy then I would read it again as I don't think that's what the post is saying, however the post is utter BS and a panic reaction to Hazard going to Chelsea.
Panicking about who we have and have not signed when the transfer window has not even been opened pmsl, Hazard was set to join Utd but Chelsea have offered him 175k a week and paid his agents fee of 7 million pound. Ridiculous figures for a 21 year old but if the owner feels it necessary to offer such huge sums to lure players into the club then that say's more about Chelsea than it does about United.

Pmsl sorry gasman it was to early in the morning. :blushing: yes I was going on about akon's post. You are right though it is BS :)

It is maybe a little over reaction on my part, however it is not complete BS as quite frankly that is BS from you.

Last season United were unable to sign Sneijder and Nasri because of finance issues. This time Hazard chooses Chelsea though terms were agreed with him but the refusal to pay his agent £6 million which i can understand them refusing to do.

Since Ronaldo and Tevez left, the quality of signings at United has been very poor. There has to be concern about the lack of investment from the owners.

Today reports emerging from Germany say we have now all but completed the Shinji Kagawa deal, great deal if it comes off he is hugely talented and proved what a top player he is in Germany with plenty of goals and assists. United need to add more a left back, a couple of central midfielders along with a striker to replace Berbatov, with Owen also leaving.

In this present moment we have a midfield of Scholes, Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher and Cleverly not one of the is good enough to be competing with the likes of City's midfield. Scholes becomes in effective against the big guns now he doesn't have the legs. Carrick has never been a world beater and the rest are either injured or when playing simply not good enough standard.

United have the worst midfield of all the top 6 sides in the Country, it is a good job we have the best wingers otherwise we'd be in a heap of trouble.

We also are interested in young Nick Powell from Crewe he is only 18 and looks a great prospect, though i don't see him getting a chance at Old Trafford just like Pogba never got a chance.

Perhaps we should increase our financial situation by offering Hazard 180 grand a week or maybe we should have crippled our wage outlay by paying Sneijders 200k plus wage demands.
Hazard has played the media game in order to create a bidding war and has done so very successfully, he's gone to the highest bidder and as great a prospect as he is, he is exactly the type of character who will fit in beautifully at Chelsea. Sneijders spent most of the past season injured (as usual) so I guess we dodged a bullet there.
You are right Akon we have a lack of real quality in midfield and Ferguson has already stated he wants 2-3 additions to the squad but simply cannot afford to become embroiled in sugar daddy bidding wars. Great as this situation is at present for City and Chelsea, they will be be royally fcked if the owners decides he's bored as the club will be saddled with the billions of debt the owner has financed.
We as a club need to remain focused on our goal and forget what the others are doing as we have the greatest manager of all time steering our course. My bet is we will still be a competitive force next season and SAF will find the personnel required, I wouldn't bet against it already being down up before the Euros.
On another point we are being bled dry by the Glazers but amazingly we have had our most successful era under their ownership and that's during Abramovichs time at Chelaea.... Go figure

Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackburn SAF has seen them all off.
Never underestimate SAF, we were lucky to win the title with a poor side season before last.
To only be beaten on GD this season is a no big deal.
Players will change, but the winning mentality wont.
May take 1 or 2 seasons who knows, but never write UTD off.

god its like going fishing u lot dont half bite quick lol.is that howard webbs own site ? hahaha. think you guys need a bigger ground
oh no wait there all arm chair fans like liverpool fc lol

Last edited:
Back