Wee Gordon

madbomber

<font color="blue">{your spriit still lives on}</f
Reaction score
well the wee man was all excited last night went to his first football match.
and his team rangers won 2.0 against spurs..had to take a photo of him with his hats and scarf holding his ticket..was alll he talked about when he came in ...lol

Bless,glad he enjoyed it MB,i bet this aint guner be the last match he goes to now...:)

GERS BIG VIG

RANGERS have launched a raid on Liverpool for highly-rated French full-back Gregory Vignal.

The23-year--old arrived in Glasgow yesterday to begin a week-long trial and came off the bench to play the second half of last night's 2-0 friendly win over Tottenham at Ibrox.

McLeish held talks with Vignal before he left for Merseyside after the game and revealed he wants to take him to St James' Park this weekend for the Newcastle Tournament.

The left-back has been on the fringes of the Liverpool side in recent seasons but McLeish believes he has the pedigree to solve his side's problems in that area of his side. The Gers boss said: 'There is a possibility of a loan deal.Hehad a good 45 minutes for us and I want to take him down to Newcastle.

'Obviously I will speak to Gregory and his representative and see what they feel about it.

'He has come back from some bad injuries at Liverpool and went out on loan from there because there is so much competition in that area. Gregory had a good first season at Liverpool and I think he did well when Gerard Houllier was winning cups.'

Rangers' new strikeforce made Ibrox sing when Nacho Novo and Dado Prso helped themselves to a goal each on their home debuts in a game that was soured by a dreadful injury to Spurs star Robbie Keane.

Novo, who has quickly turned into a fans' favourite, opened the scoring in 24 minutes and partner Prso got his goal on the stoke of half-time on an evening when all the new boy s impressed.

And the Spaniard admitted he was shaking with nerves before being introduced to the crowd.

He said: 'I was really nervous before the game. It is a bit different to Dundee when there were only a couple of thousand people at the games. This is a big club and a big difference for me.

'But after about five minutes I felt okay, although when the fans cheered my name it made my hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was fantastic.

That wee Gordon is a great wee supporter so he is said Novo.

'It was important to score and I was happy to get a goal. Everyone has been great with me and the support was great.'

McLeish's pre-season just keeps getting better and he hailed the new boys who could all be happy with their Ibrox debuts.

Hesaid: 'I was really pleased with that.The fans saw that the new players are determined to do well and are committed as well. That's what you need in British football, especially at Rangers.

'It doesn't hurt that the two strikers scored in their first games at Ibrox. It was a great start for them.

'Nacho got in great positions and for a guy of his size is not afraid. He sets a good example for young players.'

The one black spot was the injury to Keane. The stricken Irishman was carried from the field midway through the first half after coming off worse in an innocent challenge from Marvin Andrews and he was in obvious pain.

New Spurs boss Jacques Santini said: 'It is a serious injury. We think it is his ankle ligaments but we will know better tomorrow.

'It's ahuge blow because we are just two weeks away from the start of the season and Robbie is a great player who we need.'

The Frenchman took time out to praise his opposition. He said: 'Rangers are a good team and I could tell they are ready for their Champions League preliminary match.

'We made two mistakes and against a team like Rangers that means two goals.'

brilliant news wee gordon :)

lots more games for you then :)

Regards
Mickie D

Back