Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Web interface password ?

Popcorn

Inactive User
Hi folks, I am using the UR 2.1.0 image
I have setup the Tm-600 password via telnet and that works in Dbedit ok, but when i type the I.P address into firefox it goes straight in with out reqesting user name or password - so how do i set a password for the web interface?
With the origional factory image the web interface password was the same as the box password i set via telnet.
Many thanks
Alun

i noticed this last night on the public image but wanted to do factory reset to check before posting about it, none of the "password" setting in engima effected it, this is a pretty major issue imo,

alot could be done from the webui if someone opens the port for it, wouldn't take long for it to get picked up by a "port scan"

Thanks, its not just me then. On the web gui i went into config>settings and tried toggling the "miscellaneous" settings of "authentication required" and "show sat position in info bar". But both of these had no effect, so perhaps it's not saving the changes or even reading the page ( it doesn't show sat position on info bar either). I too am a bit concerned about this as it is not very secure at the moment. Will it be reported as a bug? Hope it's fixed soon
Alun

Just to add, from webui, i downloaded a movie from the hard disk to my pc and it asked for a login and password before downloading, but i can still alter a lot of settings without any login.
Alun

Back