Wave 4

I was wondering if anybody could explain to me why this game wont work
its the new lips number ones game its a wave four game but i have
iextreme 1.51 on my ms028 drive and from what ive read it should
work with this firmware , if i download the boot disc would this
work ??

Regards robby

id be careful, it doesnt officially come out till friday, hence why the misses didnt play it last week

So will I now have to have my 360 flashed again as it is a Lite-On and has 1.51 on, I have burnt Lips Number 1 and also the boot disk, tried both and no success.

Would it be possible to get this to boot without having it reflashed at all, cause don't know the old key for the drive as had it flashed by somebody else.

did any one get the 2 disc (forsa) set of and play with that from allstars? should it have been on 2 discs ?

yes its 2 disks m8, i grabbed both, the 2nd disk got a bit of fixing from abgx, the first passed straight away

mine wasn't found in the online data base.....all other lights green, from allstars....

mine was the allstars version, and like i say, it fixed a couple of small probs on disk 2, but disk 1 was fine, so all good to go 2moz hopefully

i was on it last weekend....:Fish: dang....1st time i've done that as well...

they were being quite bad with people playing this early, im glad to see you survived for the minute, or have you not connected to live yet lol :)

thanks buddy.....i know.....i was on last night....might go give it a try now...live that is....not forsa....there was 3,600 people on line last weekend...

still online now like....fingers and all that

Last edited:
I don't quite get it.....

Obviously we're waiting on a new version of abgx360, but verified discs of wave 4 are appearing in the database.

If we "verify" in the current version of abgx then it all verifies but with the error about pfi and video partition.

Am I safe to assume that burning these discs will be fine......and for example if I had the same file with the pfi different or removed, that it would recreate it again as normal matching the "nonspec" pfi the database holds?

Or could it be that there will be additional data checks in the new abgx360 version...so best not touching these with a barge pole 'til then

no matter .... think I have just answered my own question by reading this bit :)...

abgx360 v1.0.1 (latest as of time of writing) does not recognise a "wave 4" image and will report a POSSIBLE corrupt/bad PFI/Video partition, however the program is actually still completely compatible with Wave 4 games. Once a Wave4 title is verified, abgx360 will still download the .ini from the database and fully check out the image. If the image matches and the game is verified, then it has also passed the stealth checks and thus it is as safe to play as any wave3 or wave2 game.

still curious though - if the actual pfi on the scene download was bad in the first place...could it still fix it with another (seemingly to abgx current version) "bad" pfi or would it refuse to replace the pfi thinking it was invalid size?

again answering my own question.....

I see in abgx despite the warnings, further down it does still say PFI Matches :)

I'm having a blonde day I think

again answering my own question.....

I see in abgx despite the warnings, further down it does still say PFI Matches :)

I'm having a blonde day I think

Yes if you read the abgx site, it will state that this is fine, and that abgx was designed to do this.

So will I now have to have my 360 flashed again as it is a Lite-On and has 1.51 on, I have burnt Lips Number 1 and also the boot disk, tried both and no success.

Would it be possible to get this to boot without having it reflashed at all, cause don't know the old key for the drive as had it flashed by somebody else.

Welcome to abgx360.net
2009/10/16

Looks like we were wrong in assuming that iXtreme v1.51 was fully compatible with 4th Wave PFI/Video. Turns out that only Hitachi iXtreme v1.51 will boot 4th Wave backups, and BenQ/LiteOn/Samsung iXtreme v1.51 will NOT boot 4th Wave. It would have been fully compatible if only the Video data had changed but not with the change in PFI (capacity). So currently the only safe option for booting 4th Wave backups on a BenQ/LiteOn/Samsung drive is to use iXtreme v1.6 and the one shot boot disc.

Well if you're like me and don't play on live just flash back to the last sammy/benq xtreme firmware and it will play any wave you throw at it.If you still want to play online you need to run you're games through abgx to check them to reduce the risk of a ban.

Well if you're like me and don't play on live just flash back to the last sammy/benq xtreme firmware and it will play any wave you throw at it.If you still want to play online you need to run you're games through abgx to check them to reduce the risk of a ban.

I was kinda thinking along similar lines - trying to remember what the difference was between the old extreme firmwares and the newer ixtreme ones. If I'm right in thinking.....on the last of the extreme firmwares, that so long as the discs are 100% abgx verified then all should be ok - or was it still missing something that would be detectable?

Buggered though as I'm with a Liteon drive so no Extreme option for me :) Would much rather a "its your fault cos you've been warned to check your discs first" option than having to upgrade after each update wave

Back