Was Max Verstappen robbed?

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Was this a good decision for F1? Personally I don't think so. I feel He drove a great race, and did nothing other drivers didn't do.

Last edited:
There was a lot more cars than ran off the track, it just looks like because he can in 3rd they punished him for it, would they have done same thing if he was 4th

Was this a good decision for F1? Personally I don't think so. I feel He drove a great race, and did nothing other drivers didn't do.

If you cut the corner anywhere you have to give the place back. It's really that simple and it's been like this for a long while.
It doesn't matter what anyone else has or hasn't done, he gained an advantage by cutting the corner and was duly punished.

So no, he wasn't robbed.

And to be honest, his comments after the race are worthy of punishment as well. He should have calmed down before interviews.
His idiotic father is on Twitter slagging everyone off as well.

Last edited:
If you cut the corner anywhere you have to give the place back. It's really that simple and it's been like this for a long while.
It doesn't matter what anyone else has or hasn't done, he gained an advantage by cutting the corner and was duly punished.

So no, he wasn't robbed.

And to be honest, his comments after the race are worthy of punishment as well. He should have calmed down before interviews.
His idiotic father is on Twitter slagging everyone off as well.

The offence wasn't for cutting a corner, it was for having all four tyre's over a white line.
I'm sure You would be pissed if several other drivers had done the same thing and not been penalized. As for his comments afterwards I agree He sould of been more professional.

The offence wasn't for cutting a corner, it was for having all four tyre's over a white line.

Yes the offence was for having all four tyres over the white line. But by doing that he cut across the corner so they are one and the same.
Pretty open-and-shut penalty.
Max couldn't have made the pass without leaving the track, he wasn't forced off track, and he didn't return the position.

The offence wasn't for the pass on kimi, it was for driving wide off the track a couple of corners earlier.

The offence wasn't for the pass on kimi, it was for driving wide off the track a couple of corners earlier.

Did you actually watch it or being deliberately stupid?

I watched the channel 4 coverage which said after the race it was for a corner before the pass, but having read the bbc report You're right it was for the overtake.

He deserved the penalty but the fia should be more consistent with all the track extending going on now a days. I think they said they didn’t do anything with the other ones as they were off track on the outside of the corner making the distance longer rather than cutting. They usually give a warning if they think an advantage has been gained. If a place has been gained or even kept they ask that the place be given back. They should just be more consistent and quite simply say the white line is the limit of the track, all 4 wheels off means 3 warnings and then a penalty unless a position has been gained.
As usual red bull are just been bolshy he would have been asked to give the place back if there had been more laps left.

I'm trying to remember was he forced off the track by other driver on did he just cut the corner

just re watched the video it looks like he went for overtake and other car shut the door on him

sorry chaps wrong forum just saw
Max Verstappen and mind went into the gutter

Back