was given another telly today :)

lol, i did say to a friend about putting them side by side for a monster desktop lol, as i dont watch telly so the 37" is really just used as a screen for the laptop, with PiP for CCTV if the door knocks lol

also just out of view on the left is a projector system as well, there is a pic of it somewhere on the site

you lucky fooker craig,you could start making profits fixing then selling them;)

i think you should give the 37" to sarah for the little people;)

the projector and 'stuff' in the corner can be seen here, ignore the hanging wires, they were a project in progress :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the projector and 'stuff' in the corner can be seen here, ignore the hanging wires, they were a project in progress :)

in that pic there digi your wii is lit up is there a way to have the slot light on solid now?

Last edited by a moderator:
in that pic there digi your wii is lit up is there a way to have the slot light on solid now?

ive re-routed a ground cable inside m8 so the bar is always lit when the Wii is powered on, as well as a chip status tri-coloured LED next to the power button :)

This gives me an idea - why dont we all post our installs up here showing what we are using! ill take some pics this evening!

This gives me an idea - why dont we all post our installs up here showing what we are using! ill take some pics this evening!

there are a few threads dotted about of members installs m8, for a while ive been meaning top post pictures of mine (tidy pics lol) as ive got fully networked LCDs in the living room, kitchen, one of the kids rooms, dreamboxes dotted about the house, allsorts lol

ive re-routed a ground cable inside m8 so the bar is always lit when the Wii is powered on, as well as a chip status tri-coloured LED next to the power button :)

that requires soldering i take it?

Hate to get back on topic but have you checked the smd cap ?

i make no wonder the fooooking electricity is going up its digidude
using the national grid to its full power with all his gadgets and stuff lol
il give you ten bob for your 37'' tv

havent checked the cap just yet m8, but as you mentioned it was near the tuner, and it was like a smoothing ripple, i decided to try other inputs (as itd been used RF only via a distribution system) so connected up via every other input to test

i have the capacitor on its way to me from a friend that does repairs so itll be 100% again pretty soon :proud:

The repair

for severe moire effect that changes thermally replace C1219, 100uf 16 volt Surface mount device, It`s located in front of the tuner and near IC1103 in the function box

spot on m8 :) cheers

12p worth of expensive parts, and a few mins with the soldering iron, and its all 100% again :)

Last edited:
Back