Warpia Wireless USB PC to TV

skinz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know about this type of product and if there is anything like this available in the UK. Is there anything else anyone can recommend.

Warpia Wireless USB PC to TV Audio/Video Display Adapter - SWP100A - Buy.com

The Wireless USB Audio/Video Display Adapter allows users to watch and share any notebook or PC content (such as pictures, movies and presentations) and any Internet content on their Flat screen TV, projector, or monitor without cable limitations.
The PC Adapter connects to a USB port available in all notebooks & PC’s, and the A/V Adapter connects to an HDMI port (available in flat screen TVs) or VGA port (available in projectors and monitors). Stereo audio is supported via the HDMI port (along with the video) or via a seperate 3.5mm audio jack for a complete wireless audio/video experience.

The Wireless A/V Adapter set provides full room coverage, is easy to set up and use and is an ideal solution for home and once users alike. It incorporates Wisair’s WSR601 single chip and Wisair’s UltraSpeed technology, delivering the best combination of performance and cost.

User Benefits:

Movie playback with stereo sound from you PC to your television
Browse the Internet and stream internet video
Watch your DSC pictures and camcorder movies from your PC
Display presentations and content wirelessly using a projector
What is Included:

Wireless USB PC Adapter
Wireless USB Device Adapter (plugs into the A/V Base) with HDMI (Audio and Video), VGA (Video) and 3.5mm jack (Audio, Stereo) outputs
Power Supply Unit
Quick Start Guide
CD with software, drivers and user manual

Features
Wireless connectivity from a notebook or PC to projectors, flat screen TVs and monitors
HDMI with audio & video support
VGA video connectivity with audio support through a 3.5mm
audio jack (Stereo)
32-bit True Color depth for high quality images
Up to SXGA+ (1400x1050) resolution (WXSGA+ optional) 48 kHz, 16-bit Stereo sound
HD video up to 720p
Quick setup with pre-associated
(paired) adapters
Fully standardized solution
(Wireless USB from the USB-IF)
Worldwide regulations compliance
Windows® 7/ Vista™SP2/ XP® SP3

Thanks for taking the time to look and help :Clap:

Interesting, had some mixed reviews on amazon,

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Warpia-Wireless-Projector-Display-Converter/dp/B002XISRJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273605876&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Warpia Wireless USB Audio and Video PC to TV/Projector Display Converter Kit (HDMI + VGA): Electronics[/ame]

looks like streaming resolution is OK, anything above that causes choppy video and range is not to hot.

As for UK supplier,

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Q-Waves-Wireless-USB-HDMI-Extender/dp/B002RL9F38/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1273606312&sr=8-1-fkmr1]Q-Waves Wireless USB to HDMI Extender - Stream: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

At £90 I'd rather buy an Xtreamer with wifi adapter for £10 more... but only because it is a proven solution.

But that is like comparing apples to oranges. Two different products for two different problems.

The streamer is fine if you want to watch media stored on a server but no good if you want to display the output of your laptop/PC on your TV.

Which leads me to the question for skinz, what do you want to hook up to your TV, your laptop ?

And if so why ?

And why can't you just use a £4 HDMI cable instead of this solution ?

At £90 I'd rather buy an Xtreamer with wifi adapter for £10 more... but only because it is a proven solution.
But that is like comparing apples to oranges. Two different products for two different problems.

The streamer is fine if you want to watch media stored on a server but no good if you want to display the output of your laptop/PC on your TV.

I'm not saying it's not without it's uses. I guess that with this being in the media players room I had just assumed that was the only function skinz wanted.

...Which leads me to the question for skinz, what do you want to hook up to your TV, your laptop ?

And if so why ?

If this is for use with a PC, rather than a laptop, I am concerned how skinz intends to control it if the TV is in a different room?

IR needs line-of-sight, and RF devices are prone to interferance.

Last edited:

Which leads me to the question for skinz, what do you want to hook up to your TV, your laptop ?

And if so why ?

Thanks for the reply I just want it for portability and I havent sorted out a streamer for my server yet, so i can also use it at home too for the time being but mainly so I can take it around with me. I dont have HDMI connections on my Tv but planning on buying a TV soon so just trying to think ahead

I'm not saying it's not without it's uses. I guess that with this being in the media players room I had just assumed that was the only function skinz wanted.

If this is for use with a PC, rather than a laptop, I am concerned how skinz intends to control it if the TV is in a different room?

IR needs line-of-sight, and RF devices are prone to interferance.

Thanks for the reply little pob, Yes its only for laptop use

Thanks for the reply I just want it for portability and I havent sorted out a streamer for my server yet, so i can also use it at home too for the time being but mainly so I can take it around with me. I dont have HDMI connections on my Tv but planning on buying a TV soon so just trying to think ahead

For your home setup I would definately looking at getting a streamer, HTPC or a 360/PS3. Plus if you want to stream HD then you need a hardwire between your server and your playback device.

What sort of output does your laptop support, HDMI or VGA or both because I honestly think you would be better off with a cable.

I noticed the device only support VGA, DVI and HDMI connection so realisitically you are looking at a fairly modern TV which generally have VGA and HDMI connectors so again, something you can use a cable for.

I am sure the device has its uses but there are limitations. I noticed from the comments that anything above SD could get choppy. Also it seems to be using 2.4Ghz which is used by wi-fi, dect phones, etc so could be prone to interferance limiting range and throughput. Most people are saying anything over 3 metres loses quality.

Not trying to talk you out of buying it, just saying have a think about what you are trying to achieve.

Back