Wanted: PS1

T4i

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone got a cheapy PS1 lying about?

Modded would be better, bot not essential.

Also, after these games for it.

True Pinball
Micro Machines
Gran Turismo

T4i

ive got one in the cupboard ,will dig it out and take some pics , modded , also got 2 controllers , think it a rgb scart lead , the rf lead and carry case , not sure if i have the true pinball game , but think i have micro machines and gran turismo on back up .

not to sure what the p+p charge will be as the post office is shut and wont be able to find that out till monday

Last edited:
Thx for the offer,

Went to town today and walked past a shop called Ninja Games, they had a PS for sale..... £9.99 with 1 month warranty.

I couldnt resist so no need for a PS anymore. Got both the games I wanted for £4 too,

Now I want to mod chip it, does anyone have a PS mod chip lying about? Or does anyone know of a trusted seller for these?

I've only found one site doing them in the UK so far, £13.99 they want for it.

I only paid £5 for one when the PS first came out :s

Surely someone must have shit loads of these still doing nowt......

no probs mate , which version of the ps do u have the old style ps1 or the smaller slimmer one , also which version number is it as not sure if i still have any chips laying around

think i got some chips somewhere still, ill have a rummage

if you dont fancy soldering im sure you could plug a chip in the back

aaah memories. :)

I fitted a ZIF Socket on the top of my ps1 and i used it to test new chips, I also fitted a wee LED that would flicker when the chip was getting read and a wee switch to disable it, yes I'm a nerdy cnut. :)

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply.

Its the old style one (it was a fiver cheaper than slim one) and I thought it would be easier to repiar/mod than that slim one.

Its model 7502. PU22 board I think.

Is the best method the mod chip still or one of those plug-in game enhancer things?

Thx for all help!

U dont even need a action replay theres a trick to it if u watch the disc when it spins it slows to 4x 2x and 12x and u swap at certain points ill find the info its very easy jsut use bluetack or something on the thing where u would put the spring :) :Cheers:

Fit a chip mate, the ps1 are stupid easy to chip.

The swap method described by B3nnyb0y works, but it's a pain in the arse compared to a chip.

i think i have a modchip too, still in packaging from maplin, i have the pic 12c508 programmer with the psx mod flashed to it, i just kept on flashing blank chips myself.

let us know if you still need one if no-one else turns up.

I've got a blank chip still in it's little container, free if you want to try flashing it yourself.

It's a 12c508

I've got a blank chip still in it's little container, free if you want to try flashing it yourself.

It's a 12c508

Hi, I don't own a programmer so I really could do with a pre-programmed chip, but thanks very much for your offer.

Back