wait 80 seconds between searches

Devilfish

DW Regular
Reaction score
How annoying is it that you have to wait 80 seconds before you can hit the new posts button again.

I know there's probably a very good reason for it but it's doing my head in. :(

It's to stop SPAMMERS like yourself ***NOOB***
: mr ed : Taxi for Jim :banana:
The forum I run we cut it to 30 secs.

Garngadblue said:
It's to stop SPAMMERS like yourself ***NOOB***
: mr ed : Taxi for Jim :banana:
The forum I run we cut it to 30 secs.

I can't help it if DigitalWorld is addictive!

LOL....it used to be 20 seconds, I guess Mickie put it up because of the latest cable issues and everyone accessing the site.

its doing my head in as well ,i have to keep hitting the back button and looking at stuff like the dbox section to take the time up lol

theres also search based denial of service exploits that can instantly take down a forum just by making 1000`s of search requests so thats another good reason for having it :)

and i'm getting annoyed with the 'server too busy 'message, its doing my head in: shocked2

its the "server too busy" that piss me off y cus its all the people that just come for the fix and the **** off again till the next time their card goes down.

quick_silver786 said:
its the "server too busy" that piss me off y cus its all the people that just come for the fix and the **** off again till the next time their card goes down.
id watch the language mate there young ones on here as well

gotta agree with u there m8. they post just enough to get into the downloads and will probably never post again unless they have a problem.

Not sure but say it is 10 posts to get into downloads, look at the amount of members with 10 or maybe JUST more posts.

I think that the downloads should be availible for people who post regularly. e.g. if you dont post in a month or two, you dont get the downloads.

Back