Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vu ?

Depends which VU you buy,the Duo twin tuner has,well,twin tuners so you can record on one and watch on another.The solo has one tuner so has no real benefit over the 800SE

Also the vu models are cheaper then the original dm800se, better built in my opinion, also if you spend a few quid more for the ultimo then its got tripple tuners, more memory, better display, more card and cam slots, and just a damm sexy receiver.

Where you looking at originals or clones?

Personally I've heard too many people with problems with them to entertain a clone vu+ at the moment

Personally I've heard too many people with problems with them to entertain a clone vu+ at the moment

That's what put me off ,
I went for another dm800se instead,plus I didn't really need a second tuner,and if I do , I can always use remotestreamconvert plugin instead :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

The problems reported with the clones is what's put me off for the time being as I really want a dual tuner box to play around with. It does also seem to be pot luck as there are plenty of people out there with vu duo clones who are happily using them.

To me, it seems like a heat related problem, maybe, so if the box is well ventilated and not stuck in a closed cabinet it'll probably be OK but that's just my opinion.

Yes I must agree.. i dont like clones but if i had to have one it would be the dm800se!
I have a vu duo clone I had a dm800 my duo has caused me no trouble at all infact 2 of my friends also have vu clone's all of us are more than happy with them the twin tuner works without fault and no god dam fan noise I hope the se dont have the same fan trouble. But vu clone all the way for me.

The dm800se has a much better fan arrangement in that the fan is much larger than the dm800hd and for me personally has caused no problems whatsoever.

I think the vu duo clone needs that type of fan mod with a big mo-fo fan drawing in air from the top. Still undecided but the itch is getting stronger and there'll be only one way to scratch it :)

Back