Vu+ solo2

slacky1230

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking to upgrade from my f5 been looking at these. Can some one explain what can they do that the f5 can't?

Don't really want to spend loads on one, should I go for a genuine vu solo or get the solo2 clone? Or any one recommend any other boxes?

Thanks

F5 is a standalone receiver Duo and solos are linux receivers. If you like to tinker get a linux box. if you just want to watch tv and leave it be just stick with the F5.

Hey guys. Looking to upgrade from my f5 been looking at these. Can some one explain what can they do that the f5 can't?

Don't really want to spend loads on one, should I go for a genuine vu solo or get the solo2 clone? Or any one recommend any other boxes?

Thanks

As friendzi says these are linux boxes which will open your world up to all sorts of new adventures.
I would always go for a solo 2 genuine if its your first linux box.
The solo 2 is a twin tuner and can do all sorts way to many to mention from web browsing to catchup tv to films/tv ondemand all sorts of great plugins plus the solo2 is a fast powerfull box.You will not be disappointed with a solo2 its well worth the money but shop around i got a genuine solo2 box for only £269 delivered ..plus lots of help and support on here.

Thanks for the replays guys. Unfortunately I think a genuine solo2 might be abit out my budget at the minute. I do like to tinker but not to the extent of bricking the box. Is there any guides which show you how to install things on the box which I can get abit of knowledge what can be done and how on these boxes?

if you want to tinker and gain some knowledge on linux boxes. keep the F5 and buy a dreambox 500 and learn a bit, that what i did before i bought my duo the 500 uses enigma 1 the duo uses enigma 2

linux receivers are far better in regards to features than the standalone reeceivers

Thanks for the replays guys. Unfortunately I think a genuine solo2 might be abit out my budget at the minute. I do like to tinker but not to the extent of bricking the box. Is there any guides which show you how to install things on the box which I can get abit of knowledge what can be done and how on these boxes?

My advice would be to read the stickys and have a flick through the forums..you can pick up a lot of knowledge that way..
see what others say about different boxes and images..find out what makes the boxes tick so to speak.
If you want i Linux box go for a enigma 2 box..get a clone solo2 you can not really mess it up..if you do you just re flash the image again and that's how i and many here learnt by playing around trying new stuff buying cheap second hand boxes to experiment on etc.
Just dont be afraid to ask for help on here as we are all willing to help you out no matter how newbie things may be.

hi mate i got a vu solo2 a few months ago and must admit its a awsome box
opens up a totaly new world to u and would defo recommend to you
i also have a couple of spiderboxes and they dont come close to a solo box

ive just bought a solo2. very impressed, very fast interface. took a bit of time to set up but really happy with it so far

Back