Vu+solo2 setting up receiver for motorised dish

TONY C

Inactive User
Reaction score
High I am new to the forum.

just purchased a VU+SOLO2 and need help setting it up for a motorised dish, I am able to receive satellites from 30 west to 42 east. My old receiver was a Technomate TM-1500 SUPER the user manual was simple to follow, I have a null modem cable if that is any help.

I am not allowed to download any files as yet, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony C

Hi Tony C,

I do believe your first post should have gone into the Introduce yourself thread, Maybe better make a post there before any others get deleted.

Regards

Well first you need to flash it with the image of your choice

1. Unzip image
2. Format a USB FAT32
3. Copy the folder to the root of the USB
4. Connect USB
5. Turns VU + Solo2
6. Press power button to start

The when the image boots it will take you through the tuner config

You want

Simple
Positioner

And then enter your coordinate's

You can then either scan all the sats or transfer a channel list.

High I am new to the forum.

just purchased a VU+SOLO2 and need help setting it up for a motorised dish, I am able to receive satellites from 30 west to 42 east. My old receiver was a Technomate TM-1500 SUPER the user manual was simple to follow, I have a null modem cable if that is any help.

I am not allowed to download any files as yet, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony C

Hello mate and welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your time here.What a great choice of box I have solo2 its a great bit of kit.
Just follow what Ferret advises you to do as your in good hands.
Good luck

High
Thanks Ferret for your help so far a lot more advice still needed, Just found out how to add and delete favourites, still a long way to go before it is set up the way I want it.

Your kind welcome AJT is appreciated I hope one day I will be able offer advice to others , that I think that will be along way off. It took me years to be able to use my P. C. in the way I wanted to. Funny thing is it did not take long to assemble one.

Thanks for the advice digi247 I must have missed the thread re introductions I have asked admin for help so I can follow the correct protocol.

Regards,
Tony C

I just received my Solo2 yesterday. If I get a motorised satellite would it be possible for me to get middle east channels like TenSports and StarCricket?

High Lazee Wolf
I am unable to help re middle east channels, others on the site with a greater knowledge than me may be able to assist you

However I might be able to help you set up a motorised dish,

Regards
Tony C

Back