Vu+ Duo2 Channel Listing

3 Dollar Bill

Inactive User
Reaction score
Good evening,

I have recent;y purchased Vu+ Duo2 and loaded the latest version of VIX. I've also installed a 1TB Hard Drive. I'm looking for advice on setting up the channels itself.

I have created a bouquet using ABM plugin and also installed CrossEPG but I would like to know how to customise the channel listing but keep the channels updated automatically.

Thanks
3 Dollar Bill

abm plugin is not something I use rats bouquet updater seems to be very popular & can be customised with local variants I use blackhole & catseyes bouquets they are set out more to my liking. there are also several pc progs that can edit bouquets a lot is down to personal preference not a right way or wrong way

Thanks, I'm experimenting at the moment. Can rats bouquet be used with VIX? Still reading up on forums to bring myself up to speed. I will probably try editing the existing bouquet generated using ABM with dreamboxedit.

having never used vix since I first started playing around I don't know I suspect it can be used with most enigma 2 images I have not heard anyone say different but cannot confirm for sure I found it easier to learn how things worked was to use somebody elses bacup images that you can find in various places that are already set up I then was able to grasp lots of things I didn't understand a bit better. so from there I decided which image I liked best then I had an idea what plugins I liked & wanted to use then I only had to find out how to install various things somebody will always help with instructions if you cant get it to work many on here many have helped me with allsorts which why I try to help others where I can to put a little back in so to speak. I find it best to make a bacup soon as you are up & running because inevitably when learning you will do something that seems small but will have big effects on how your box runs doing reinstalls several times has helped me get the hang of it much quicker installing again after I have made a foopar

Thanks for the advice, we all start somewhere. I play around with bouquets for a while then move onto different images afterwards.

The bouquets created by ABM, belong to ABM. Whenever it runs, it will update the bouquets it made in accordance to the programming and any customised files it has been given. If you reorder ABM's bouquets, your work will be undone.

There are several ways you can make ABM create create bouquets to your liking. If less than a 100 channels, you can use "custom mix" and use those as your first 100 channels. Anything more, then the "favourites" system could be better for you. The ofcial numbers are used. Whenever those change, you will have to adapt your files. (There should be an overhaul in June by Sky going by the posts about HD being mandatory from June.)

The ABM readme file is located at
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

Back