vu+ duo issue

hmusa1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have a vu duo box that has a problem which i cannot work out, the box is a v2 clone using blackhole 1.7.3 and with a 3.5in internal drive. the box has started to switch itself off while watching and then going to starting on the vu lcd panel.

there is no pattern to it it just does it, and then when it goes into starting loop i cannot get it out without reflashing the box, sometimes i can get away with a power cycle using the switch at the back.

any one else experience this and any idea on how to fix it

Hi i have a vu duo box that has a problem which i cannot work out, the box is a v2 clone using blackhole 1.7.3 and with a 3.5in internal drive. the box has started to switch itself off while watching and then going to starting on the vu lcd panel.

there is no pattern to it it just does it, and then when it goes into starting loop i cannot get it out without reflashing the box, sometimes i can get away with a power cycle using the switch at the back.

any one else experience this and any idea on how to fix it

At a guess I would say the psu m8,its a well known fault on clones especially running a 3.5in HDD,

Try removing the disk and see if that helps :)

Last edited:
hi mate i will remove and see if this makes a difference for the hd is it better just to use an external power supply for it and use the esata on the outside. also would i have to replace the power supply on this unit

hi mate i will remove and see if this makes a difference for the hd is it better just to use an external power supply for it and use the esata on the outside. also would i have to replace the power supply on this unit

If removing the HDD fixes your problem then,hopefully,the PSU should be OK,

So then either use an externally powered HDD or you may get away with a 2.5in internal one :)

Last edited:
hi i will remove the drive from the box and power it up externally and see what difference that makes and see if it stops the box turning off, and makes it more stable,

i have checked the supply while it is running and all the supplies seemed ok, the were at the voltage they were ment to be give or take 0.1 0.2 volts

hi i will remove the drive from the box and power it up externally and see what difference that makes and see if it stops the box turning off, and makes it more stable,

i have checked the supply while it is running and all the supplies seemed ok, the were at the voltage they were ment to be give or take 0.1 0.2 volts

Let's know how it goes m8 :)

ok will do im gonna wait till the next time it goes off the i will remove the supply and start again, at the moment i have removed the latest plugins i had installed just before this problem happened and see what that does

With Wiz on this . Sounds like the known power suppliy problems on the clone. 2.5 inch hdd may work ok but the 3.5 is probably too power hungry for the box
Do as wiz says then take it from there mate

If the problem is a weak PSU then I personally wouldn't wait. I'd switch the box off and whip the HDD out as soon as.

With Wiz on this . Sounds like the known power suppliy problems on the clone. 2.5 inch hdd may work ok but the 3.5 is probably too power hungry for the box
Do as wiz says then take it from there mate

No problem mate il take the drive out and power it up externally and connect it up that way

Have now removed the hdd and have powered it up using an external power brick going to see how this now runs

hi just a quick update the box seems more stable now however i have decided to take your recommendations on board and swap the drive for a 2.5" and also have it back in the box aswel. i have also decided that i will change the power supply in the vu box so that i do not get the fault again with the 2.5 drive.

my question is i were looking on ebay and supplies are around £30 that say latest chinese version, are these the supply that i would need in this clone to replace the one that i have. thought it best to replace the supply as i have had alot of trouble with this box since i brought it.

Also does anyone know if these supplies have been redesigned to make them more robust and last

thanks

hi just a quick update the box seems more stable now however i have decided to take your recommendations on board and swap the drive for a 2.5" and also have it back in the box aswel. i have also decided that i will change the power supply in the vu box so that i do not get the fault again with the 2.5 drive.

my question is i were looking on ebay and supplies are around £30 that say latest chinese version, are these the supply that i would need in this clone to replace the one that i have. thought it best to replace the supply as i have had alot of trouble with this box since i brought it.

Also does anyone know if these supplies have been redesigned to make them more robust and last

thanks

Good to hear its stable now m8 :)

As for the PSU,wait for one of the vu guys to give you the correct info

no problems, the box is ace when its working lol but at the moment its off more then on. once i get the info will order a new supply and hopefully give the box new life

Back