VU+ Solo VPN Potencials

ester

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to create a VPN between me and my friends on a Black Hole image. I've seen there is OpenVPN panel but I really don't know if I can get my target or if VPN is useful for other goals.

Basically I was thinking if with a VPN well configurated all the users under the same VPN will have the same IP address or every user will still have the own IP address? I mean, the server that gives us the lines see the same IP for all the users or everyone under the VPN will keep its IP address? Basically I would like to make it results the same IP address to the source who give the line, is it possible in any way?

What are the features and what is really userful creating a VPN with others?

Thank you in advance for your support. :angelwing

Ester

OpenVPN is very powerful thing. When you connect few users in vpn network, you see all of them as one LAN area.
How many users do you want connect to?
It looks like:
1. if you haven't static ip, you must config for example noip dynamic dns on the openvpn server side (inadyn does it very well),
2. if you want to connect few clients i recommend TAP method with certificates -> you must generate certificates for server and all of clients. For only 2 clients TUN method should be enogh
3. and question with IP adresses -> in VPN netwrok you create own subnet, independent from your local subnet. OpenVPN server will allocate adresses for all clients automatically (or you can set manually) based on certificates.

For more help give me a sign on PM, I'll help you with all of this.

Regards

Back