DVB - PC Cards Vplug not decoding much :(

Coolur

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I am using MyTheatre, Vplug and the October codes from the "Extra cp" and am finding that a lot of the chan's are not decoding...

Are the codes in the "Extra CP" from October out of date.

Im in an ExCW area if this helps.

Also I have a 500C box which works fine so can anyone tell me if its possible to get the uptodate codes from the 500C Dreambox and transfer them into VPLUG.

Sorry if I appear a little dumb in this department and thanks for help offered...

Regards

Coolur

Yes, I think they are a bit out of date. The keys seem to be changing quite often at this time.

You should be able to get the keys from your dreambox.

Not sure if you can display them from a menu but you should certainly be able to telnet into the box and get the data from the cam's keys file.

how do u update the keys for vplug, i think i've got the latest version but not sure what to do with it

**EDIT: figured it out, i dont have latest keys :/

Last edited:
I have the new keys generated from fenir for TW, but i'm not sure if i can post them on this section. If its ok with the admins, I'll put the new ones up when i get the ok

Last edited:
I am using DVBViewer and seem to be having similar problems.

For example I cannot seem to get any of the movie channels to decrypt. I am using the latest keys

I have also noticed that the keys that appear to work in vplug are the C*W keys but I'm supposed to be in an Ex N*L area??? Has anyone else noticed this?

I've been struggling with my HTPC set up for months now and can't seem to sort out decrpyption and codec issues.

Any suggest are welcome!

tried vplug on progdvb while using the technisat...not worked too well so i reverted back to yankse/fenrir and these are more stable.

:Jester:

Take the nagra file from your dreambox, that contains the required keys, and be used to update vplug. As mentioned in above the extracp page is well out of date.

Unfortunately I don't have a dream box so I can't do this.

I was hopeing to set up Yanksee/Fenrir so I could get the updated keys that way but I have not been able to get them working in DVBViewer. I think I have got the files in the correct places as they show up in the plugins but I can't seem to get the key files set up correctly so is is not auto updating.

If anyone has an up to date Yanksee/Fenrir folder / file set up I could have it would be a big help?

Take the nagra file from your dreambox, that contains the required keys, and be used to update vplug. As mentioned in above the extracp page is well out of date.

the extracp has been updated for TW and i can confirm they work. I should know I sent the new ones in to Rat the other day. I cant confirm the others though

Unfortunately I don't have a dream box so I can't do this.

I was hopeing to set up Yanksee/Fenrir so I could get the updated keys that way but I have not been able to get them working in DVBViewer. I think I have got the files in the correct places as they show up in the plugins but I can't seem to get the key files set up correctly so is is not auto updating.

If anyone has an up to date Yanksee/Fenrir folder / file set up I could have it would be a big help?

i've just reconnected my dbox2 and it au'd so i have the latest working keys for pure n*t*l .

if u want them pm me with ur email addy and i'll send them to u.

cheers

edit: just looked at the key values for n*t*l in the Extra cp and there looks like there's an error in the 00 key id it should start with 8E and not 84...al the rest are ok

Last edited:
I'm now certain that I'm in an EX N*L / C&* area. I have the correct keys in vplug and quite a few of the channels are dcrypting but I still can't get many of the movie channels to decrypt??

I would like to try Yanksee/Fenrir in DVBViewer, does anyone know where there is a set up guide that tell you how to up date the keys in Yanksee/Fenrir when you first install the plugins, I think this is the part that I have not done correctly.

I think I am also having codec issues. Can anyone let me know if it is possible to view all channels using one codec set up or do you have to change codec's to view certain channels?

I'm now certain that I'm in an EX N*L / C&* area. I have the correct keys in vplug and quite a few of the channels are dcrypting but I still can't get many of the movie channels to decrypt??

I would like to try Yanksee/Fenrir in DVBViewer, does anyone know where there is a set up guide that tell you how to up date the keys in Yanksee/Fenrir when you first install the plugins, I think this is the part that I have not done correctly.

I think I am also having codec issues. Can anyone let me know if it is possible to view all channels using one codec set up or do you have to change codec's to view certain channels?
One codec does it all, as all the channels are MPEG2. Are you sure it's not a signal issue, though? I had too strong a signal, and had to use an attenuator to lower it to around mid-60%, or the channels wouldn't tune, it wasn't a decryption issue.

Back