VPIDs

GaryTheGolfer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

OK What does PCRPID really do in streaming?

I now struggle with streaming some channels from DreamBox to PC (mainly S*y Sports/movies)
when PCRPID is NOT same as VPID. Other channels stream OK but that's when PCRPID is same as VPID.

TV reception is OK on all channels but streaming on these channels fails (under VLC as well as Dreamview front end and Web-X-TV).

Which data is correct ....PCRPID or VPID?

Why are they different?

Anyone got any knowledge on this?

Are VPID and PCRPIDs different for the s*y channels for everyone?

I'm in pure N*L Langley area (I think).

Thanks for any help you can give.
Regards

PCR is program clock reference. Its function is to tie together (in terms of timing) all the sub-units (video, audio etc) that make up a channel.

Some channels transmit a pcr within the video pid whilst some others have a seperate timing pcr (usually when several channels on this particular transponder originate with the same source/producer). Having a single pcr as reference for many channels can reduce bandwidth requirements.

VPIDS Red Herring?

Thanks for your answers. I had hoped it would become obvious what I could do to enable the S*y/Seta*ta streaming from my DB500C.

I thought I would experiment a bit further so I used DreamBoxEdit to read/edit/reupload a sample channel (S*y Ind*e). The original (working TV & Non-working streaming) result (in DBE decimal format) was:
VPID 772
APID 932
PCR 899

I tried the following:
a) deleting PCR
b) making VPID=PCR=772
c) making VPID=PCR=899

In each case after uploading back to the Dreambox (and using reload), the results was a failure. I toggled between BBC1 and S8y Ind*e. In every case the Dreambox changed channels on TV OK. And in every case the streaming of BBC1 succeeded and S*y Ind*e streaming failed.

I am now wondering if there is something else (apart from differing VPIDs and PCRPIDs at play.

Any ideas, anyone?
Thanks

Back