Linux voice control for pi

software for controlling the pi from an android phone rasberry control from the play store and raspi software from here Raspberry Control - Control Raspberry Pi with your Android Device | Projekty - inne the voice control is under construction apparently and I haven't tried anything else yet but it looks promising

the comments are very good people are using this software for automatic garden hoses, garage doors ,room lights temperature sensing all from android phones/tabs on android 4.0 or above

I've had a pi kit for Xmas so might start trying out stuff like this, if I can get my head around it

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

If you have an android phone, tasker and autovoice + autoremote apps you can use voice commands or just send remote messages using autoremote to control the Pi.
I also purchased telldus usb stick and maplin remote power plugs to control various devices around the house

I can't get either of the above programs working but I have found another voice control progam on youtube that looks like it works in the mean time I have ordered a an IR receiver to use with LIRC which is for any remote cost £2ish much cheaper than the FLIRC I ordered from the pi hut ( this never arrived they sent me a wifi usb dongle which was faulty) I got a refund and now they are asking how they can get a 5* feedback on ebay hahaha

Hi @edogg

Is it just voice control you are trying to get working? If you have a usb old webcam laying around you can try this software Steves Computer Vision Blog: Voice Command v3.0 for the Raspberry Pi

I got it working but the mic on my cam didnt pick up my voice unless I was really close to it so I gave up on it. I do however use his playvideo command which is really useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the software I mentioned but the usb mic I have is to big and ugly

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back