VIX or 4D

davemawston

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm new to this. The guy who installed my TM twin has installed with 4d, it seems ok, boquet list was terrible but have managed to install a better one.
Is 4d the way to go or should I be using Vix?
Anything else you think I'm missing?

With regards to Bouquets to bouquets....

You can install the OE ABM ( Open Embedded Alliance Auto Bouquets Maker) or Autobouquets 28.2 UKCVS by Lraizer. Both of these will create bouquets specific to your settings without intefereing with other bouquets. So for example, you could use Vhannibal list for the motor and have an up to date one for your region.

Differences
UKCVS version is not restricted to official broadcaster lists and adds the Eire versions too. Takes about 10mins

OE ABM. This is blisteringly fast, 2 minutes approx for 28.2 (Sky and Freesat). It does other sats too but restricted to only what official broadcasters lists are. So for example you can not add the Irish ESPN to your bouquets. It does not do one of the German service providers.

Both of the above will have numbering per official broadcasters.

And of course there is Rat's updater plugin. He puts in a lot of work and the lists are up to date unless his laptop is not working. A couple of button pushes and the list is installed. It overwrites existing bouquets and you are restricted to 28.2. Channel numebring is not per official list.

Hello Slyboxhd

Its ok in the main. the odd problem. Ive only had the box for a month so early days.
Have you had issues with this?

Hello Slyboxhd

Its ok in the main. the odd problem. Ive only had the box for a month so early days.
Have you had issues with this?

hello m8 sorry im only getting back to you now, ie iv had problems with recording somthing while watching the box it dont switch over? have heard the 4d team have a fix in the minds?
wot problems are you having with recordings?

I got onto Technomate and my image was dated August 2012, I updated that to one released in Feb and and its been great since.

m8 also have a look at the openpli 3 image have it installed on my 2t and works perfect

the OpenPLi3.0 image (for Technomate receivers) is not an officially supported image (by PLi) and is waiting (for a long time) for one minor bit of information before it can be submitted properly to Pli, but, its the most stable image out there

i apologize i rebooted my box it comes with a 4d screen then goes into openpli so i take it 4th dimension have done something to a openpli image??it has the open pli blue and white world map with the openpli.org web address on the screen i just assumed it was a official openpli image, but it is very stable and i am very pleased with it the image came with the box

Last edited:
the OpenPLi3.0 image (for Technomate receivers) is not an officially supported image (by PLi) and is waiting (for a long time) for one minor bit of information before it can be submitted properly to Pli, but, its the most stable image out there

Hi Digi. Where would this image be available. I like the 4d based on the open pli but still find it buggy.

been on vix for last month or so and i have timed recording problems as well, so now trying 4d will let you know if its any better

Back