DVB - PC Cards vista

jjlee

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there anyone running vista that uses either a tt1500/1501 or a floppydtv card that is totally happy i want to build a htpc and use either 1 of these cards to get the hd content but all i read is people having problems with stuttering images

guess no ones happy then, guess ill stick with xp for my htpc

Probably a good idea !

Vista, in my opinion is unsuitable for using as a DVB base OS. Its just too bloated in its requirements and is way over the top as far as a media box is concerned.

Stuttering is usually down to signal level problems though so it may not make any difference which OS you use. An exception is using a PC which is under-powered for the task of running Vista AND decoding Mpeg (as well as moving large chunks of data around) at the same time.

i'm happy using vista mce and a floppydtv...i'm using 2GB DDRII ram and a FX-62 cpu and have recently switched from a Silverstone Lascala SST-LC20S-M with a full atx Asus M2n32 mb to a smaller ANTEC DESKTOP FUSION BLACK 430 case and a micro atx MSI
AM2 AMD 690G MATX Audio Lan mb. the fusion also allows u to use the remote to power the media centre on/off something the silverstone didn't...i'd recommend the fusion

i was a bit concerned about the smaller case causing temp problems and the fans causing more noise but it's pretty quiet...

yep i'm happy at the mo....but who knows about tomorrow

cheers

is it tricky getting it to work in vista as everything ive read is people complaining about it, im going to need a case that can take a full atx as i will be using an asus A8N32-SLI deluxe with an amd athlon 64 x2 4200 with 2 gig of memory

is it tricky getting it to work in vista as everything ive read is people complaining about it, im going to need a case that can take a full atx as i will be using an asus A8N32-SLI deluxe with an amd athlon 64 x2 4200 with 2 gig of memory

the floppydtv card was pretty much plug & play, the transponder file in the reg needs editing but all that is explained on the digital everywhere site

h**p://www.digital-everywhere.com/en/alcms/index.php?sid=1193386517

the cam & card is a little awkward if u have never programmed a smartcard before and the necessary hardware can all add up and it becomes quite expensive. With Sterling so weak against the Euro this puts the cost of the floppydtv up. it may be worth looking for a 2nd hand floppydtv on ebay.de

i still would go for a micro atx board and the fusion case it looks much neater if u plan to put it under ur telly.

cheers

space isnt an issue with the case but i definatly want it to power up with a remote is this quite a common feature on htpc cases

space isnt an issue with the case but i definatly want it to power up with a remote is this quite a common feature on htpc cases

the silverstone didn't and with the fusion u had to take the case apart and connect the power cables on the card behind the display...bit fiddly but worth it,,,fully compatible with the mce remote.

heres a couple of photos....excuse the boys ps2

View attachment 39539

View attachment 39540

View attachment 39541

nice setup will have to go through my short list of cases to make sure they work with the remote

thats a tasty case the only reason its got to be atx is that it will be spare when i next upgrade my current setup

I have had difficulty with my case. The IR sensor detects the remote is present but there is no funtionality.

Any ideas??

Back