virus

Billy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help me,

I had a virus on my computer an in the end had to re-format the drive and re-install windows.
The problem is it seems to keep coming back, when i have re-installed windows there are all kinds of error messages coming up.
I thought it might be a faulty hard drive, so I swapped it for another but it still keeps on coming up with error messages.
Every time I re-install window and I am not connected to the internet, so it can't be re-generating the virus from there.
is there anyway the virus can go into the motherboard? thats the only thing I can think of that everytime I load everything back on the motherboard puts the virus back on to the hard drive, Is that possible? I've never heard of anything like that
I've even reset the cmos and put a different bios on with a floppy disc & used diffent discs with the operating system on but everytime that windows is loaded on and I try installing programs there are error messages an the computer starts doing strange things, and like I say the computer is not connected to the internet.
I think the virus may of damaged the motherboard.
anybody any idea's please?

bily

Hi,

Are you formatting the hard drive when your installing the OS ? or just installing windows over the old copy ? also has the hard drive got any partions in it ? . You could try installing avast anti virus that does a boot sector memory scan but i cannot see it been that really. What are the error messages that you are receiveing ? could it not just be a case that the operating system is curupt ? when you are installing windows do you receive any error messages ie could not load file etc.Wha operating system is it your trying to install and is it a legit version or dodgy copy ? .

Hi as Draca has said there are a few versions of Windows available that are preloaded with trojans etc. Are you sure your copy can be trusted?

As to your other question no, as far as I am aware your mainboard cannot be infected.

messa

some virus's can save themselves to the hard disk and if you don't do a low level format - they can be re-activated.

get something like the ultimatebootCD and peform a FULL LOW LEVEL FORMAT - but if you're using a different hard disk - then it probably is an repackaged infected version of Windows you've got.

Back