VirginMedia Channel Number List for a TIVO fan

GaryTheGolfer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

PLEASE:

I know this is a big ask but....

I am looking for a list of Virgin Media Channels Numbers. I am looking for a list that is:
a) Comprehensive (eg includes Setanta Golf [Ch 543]....the clue is in my username!)
b) Maintained/Up to date (I know that channels are moved/added/deleted on almost daily basis at times).

Essentially this would be a list, preferebly in Excel format, that is maintained as a central resource so that anyone could go to it with confidence and find a listing that is no more than a day (or so) out of date.

That way we would all be able to find out what the latest list (and numbers) are.

I would like to be able to use my Tivo to control/record my DreamBox 500C. To do that, the DreamBox channels need to be remapped to Virgin Media channel numbers so that Tivo's can control channels. I think I will be able to do that with DreamEdit but would like to see a definitive Channel List SOMEWHERE.

My fallback position will probably be to write down all the channels Tivo knows about (from Tivo EPG) for VirginMedia and use those channel numbers within DreamEdit.

I have looked on this site and others as well as using google. There are plenty of lists ALL I have found are out of date (some considerably out of date).

I have looked on Virgin Media's website and their list is also way out of date.

Sorry for the rant but I couldn't find the info I wanted and concluded that it probably doesn't exist.......unless you know differently of course!!!

Thanks in Advance

Is that the kind of thing you want ?

Maybe a few channels missing as they aren't all transmitted 24 hours continuosly !

Thats scanned just a couple of days ago using a dvb card but there's no real reason why you couldn't aquire the same info on a dreambox. Its all available in the stream data !

Last edited:
Thanks Nozzer

Thanks for the channel list. I like the sound of being able to extract the info from the data stream using Dreambox. As I haven't even fired up DreamBoxEdit in anger yet, finding out how to extract this info from the stream will have to go on to my "To Do" list.

In the meantime, your list will do just fine.

I take it there isn't any centrally-maintained list then? It's a shame VM won't do the work for us.....

Thanks again !

Back