virgin superhub question

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a virgin media superhub which is set to modem mode, they replaced it as I was having DDos attacks on the ip address, now it been peplaced will this modem still work or will they have blocked it. Is it worth keeping or is it a door stop.

Cheers

VM replaced it for a modem only or that you put router in modem only mode?

I put the new superhub into modem mode myself, as with the old one

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

I would ebay it or something if you could be bothered.

VM would likely block it via means of mac address or something but whether someone would want to (if possible) put netgear firmware back on it instead of the rebadged netgear firmware that VM put on it.

It would be nice to get hold of that firmware, I hate it when they brand things and take control.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

You could try posting (or better still move this thread) to the cable modem section.

I'm not even sure if it's possible or how easy it would be to put original netgear firmware back on it.

I know the earlier superhubs didn't have that much security but like most companies these days they have probably learned from their past mistakes lol :)

u could flash it if a 3rd party firmware( tomato) and use as a bridge around the house ,

I've never used tomato before but I have used dd-wrt and like that. More stable than the some manufacturers own image :)

Can the vm routers be easily flashed?

Back