Virgin Media UK to axe V Boxes from August

It is partly correct

Vm are stopping support for the older boxes :: this taken from their website

"..When do I need to order my replacement Virgin TV box by?
We recommend you order your new Virgin TV box as soon as possible. To continue enjoying all your favourite shows without any interruption, you simply need to order your box and install it by 31st July 2018. The sooner you order, the sooner you’ll get your hands on a shiny new Virgin TV box!

What happens if I don't order a replacement Virgin TV box?
Your current V box will no longer be supported by our TV service later this year. If you don't order and install a replacement Virgin TV box, your TV service may be interrupted and you won't be able to watch any TV channels through it.

Am I eligible to order a replacement Virgin TV box?
Only customers that we've contacted who have our V box, or older set top boxes that don't even have the Virgin Media logo, are eligible to order a replacement Virgin TV box.

Which set top boxes are you replacing?
We’re replacing our oldest set top boxes - these may be labelled as "V box" on the front, or may not even have a Virgin Media logo, such as Telewest or NTL boxes. These TV boxes don't have recording capability and can't receive HD channels. We’re not replacing our V+, V HD or TiVo boxes.

What if I have two or more V boxes or older set top boxes?
No problem. If you have two or more older set top boxes in your home we’ll replace all of these for no extra cost. We’ll send around one of our talented engineers to install your new Virgin TV boxes...…"

If those v+ and vhd boxes are not hackable a bit like sky sd boxes that still use cards then there is no need to replace them. From what I have read over the years its only certain older virgin boxes that you could lift the chip and get the rsa keys or dump them therefore allowing the use of cards in other machines. So replace the hackable boxes and job done.

the only 'Cardless' boxes are the Tivo and the V6 so it should last a little while longer

i got the email today saying to order asap , only prob is when i click on the link and it takes me to the page , after entering the info it required and completing the capture image ,hit continue it says it cannot find my name or adress in the database , tried name with first letter cap then lower case also did same with postcode , but still the same , so may be just as easy to ring

Here what happen to people with 3 V boxes they pay for. A friend has 3 but only 1 was upgraded and they pay for 3?

My subs come to a end. time to renew or try iptv, had a look at it but it's a minefield lol, any suggestions? :(

My subs come to a end. time to renew or try iptv, had a look at it but it's a minefield lol, any suggestions? :(

media maverick is another on FB, he's a reseller of flawless. But you're likely better off going with a smaller provider who is less likely to get targeted by the powers that be.

Back