Virgin Media Netherlands routing problem

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems connecting to servers which show as being in the Netherlands on Virgin Mediocre?

I haven't been able to access wikipedia.org since Saturday and some other sites today.

Seems to be a routing issue on their behalf, it isn't anything my end that I can tell.

No access to wiki for me either just now mate.
HH.

Just tried a forum in Germany too, timed out.

Come on VM, fix it!

cheers for the info was trying to work out why some sites are not working ,,good old virgin

just had to do it on my day of :-(

I'm not at home to try it but does releasing your IP and getting one from another pool do anything?

I don't know how their routing works but I've just had someone else in my area try and he can connect.

I'm not at home to try it but does releasing your IP and getting one from another pool do anything?

I don't know how their routing works but I've just had someone else in my area try and he can connect.

i did that about hour a go and still not getting on to some sites :-(

Did it change completely? Not just the last octet. Might need to change the MAC of your router to to it.

i had trouble connecting to any holland server last night and still unable to connect today, didnt try a german one but i can access a german server

Just depends on how it's routed, I think most stuff goes through the Netherlands.

Seems it's working again.

Cleaner must have tripped over the CAT5 cable and unplugged Europe again ;).

Last edited:
I used Google's public DNS and Virgin's web proxy and it seems to resolve most addresses for me, but it's incredibly slooooooooow

I used Google's public DNS and Virgin's web proxy and it seems to resolve most addresses for me, but it's incredibly slooooooooow

I use both openDNS and google DNS and was having no end of problems last night. Even some of virgins internal pages didn't work. Wiki was down and several US based sites didn't work. Oddly DW was on that was not effected and neither was BBC.

Don't know what the situation is like at the moment but my mrs has been home most of the day and no complaints so I am guess facebook is working, lol

Back