videos not playing in browser

oldmanken

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone help,
when i try to play a video clip from within my internet browser that uses media player ( have version 11) it plays the sound but the picture is just coloured lines. If i play any clip from my PC or download the clip and thenplay it independently in media player not through my browser it plays fine. This has happend all of a sudden as far as i can see.

Please someone help

Can anyone help,
when i try to play a video clip from within my internet browser that uses media player ( have version 11) it plays the sound but the picture is just coloured lines. If i play any clip from my PC or download the clip and thenplay it independently in media player not through my browser it plays fine. This has happend all of a sudden as far as i can see.

Please someone help

may need the latest flash updates m8 try installing from here and see if it makes any difference
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Sempie, i have downloaded the latest version 9,0,45,0 and retried still the same, if the clip gives choice of media player or flash and i choose flash it plays ok just not media player

try using a different browser some sites use different browsers than standard ie11.
opera
is very good

try using a different browser some sites use different browsers than standard ie11.
opera
is very good

Thanks have downloaded opera and tried that it play the videos OK, still to experiment and see how good a browser it is, but is looking good

Thanks Again

What operating system you using mate ? vista has a problem with running flash through its browser on ie 7 if it is vista your using download the standalone version from the flash link above then close all your brower pages then install flash and restart that will fix it. Failing that you could try that method on xp or what ever op your using if you really get stuck give me a pm with your addy ill ill try and help you further :)

What operating system you using mate ? vista has a problem with running flash through its browser on ie 7 if it is vista your using download the standalone version from the flash link above then close all your brower pages then install flash and restart that will fix it. Failing that you could try that method on xp or what ever op your using if you really get stuck give me a pm with your addy ill ill try and help you further :)

running xp with IE7 and it just seemed to happen without any updates or change as far as i know, have now installed opera browser and this plays the files with the media player fine but not in IE7, Have alos tried going back to mediaplayer 10, no good reinstalled player 11 still same ???? Opera seems guite a good browser though

Back