Sensible Topic Video call between Android and iPad

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Question for anyone in the know...

Can anyone suggest a app which I can use to video call between an Android phone (the parents, me and the ex) so that we can both video call our kids on the ipad whenever the kids want to call us etc?? The kids have kids google accounts so I can't see any option for them to call anyone from the goggle chat / meet app on the ipads.

I know i can use Facetime between iPad and Android if I setup a meeting on the iPad but it's not smooth shall we say.

Thanks,

Darren

Viber is what i use but you can use Zoom too but will be limited to 40 minute calls.

viber needs a phone number to sign up but they are only wifi only iPads, Zoom won't let them sign up due to age (8 & 6) 😮

Thanks for the suggestions though.

viber needs a phone number to sign up but they are only wifi only iPads, Zoom won't let them sign up due to age (8 & 6) 😮

Thanks for the suggestions though.
Yes you need a phone number to sign up but can use viber then going forward with anything. with one viber account you can have as many devices connected to that single viber account as you want.

For example i have Ipad, android tab, phone and macbook all using the same viber account. If someone messages me on viber i can see and reply to the message on any one of those devices. I can also video call them on any of those devices.

Other options are signal and telegram and i think all they need is email

Back