vermin media

gjs0

Inactive User
Reaction score
is it just me or have they started blocking proxy's to torrent sites and has anyone got around this !

I just use VPN that works for me

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk 2

I believe they have started blocking more of these sites but there are ways around.
What sites are you having trouble with?

KAT & extratorrent are being blocked through IE & Chrome but Opera in 'turbo' mode seems to be unaffected. :Kickassro

can't get Opera to redir to proxy altho turbo enabled - bugger

thanks for the help -- just starting working again - my shite system LOL

come.in will get you everything you need no blocks through that

thanks for the info -- note all KAT now blocked by Vermin - looks like I have to spend more money for a VPN :-( - specially to avoid ads etc

many thanks -- i was using that one but it then stopped -- clicked on your link and its works -- why i don't know but thanks

They keppe putting their price up. I had 2 bumps of a couple of quid each in the past 8 months :(

just upgraded from 60 to 120 for an extra £1.20 yes 1 pound and 20 pence a month extra - done speed tests and getting good solid 105-100 so well happy for now

@jfish Can't argue with that. Do you just have BB or a package? Oh, and did you have to sign up to another contract?

Last edited by a moderator:
just upgraded from 60 to 120 for an extra £1.20 yes 1 pound and 20 pence a month extra - done speed tests and getting good solid 105-100 so well happy for now
wtf !...my 30 meg broadband only is gonna end mid november, i was paying 19.60 with a £4 off per month goodwill gesture, now i understand after the 12 months in novemebr its going up to £25 per month with the price hike, i rand them to cancel they offered me same 30 meg for £18.50 per month, were offereing 60 meg for £23.50 might have to call them again and say i want to cancel...worth a try..

I have been with VM since 1995 when they were Nynex in Manchester, so used that as a plea bargain and I have BB phone and TV medium package. Its when you call and who you speak to as to discount you get.

the only people who have given me discounts has been the retentions team. Last time I called and said BT Infinity had been installed in my area and that I was going to move over. Got 10 quid a month off my bill + free second V+HD box + free superhub 2. I was hoping for a free Tivo box but they wouldn't go for it. Expect to be locked back into 12 month contract, they may push for you to sign up for 18 months but I never have.

If you read VM forum, looks like retentions team has a quota of discounts they can give so it does seem hit and miss as to if they are going to offer you anything.

I got my discount by emailing them ,I was then rang by and offered a discount the new bill for October has arrived and I now have to pay £20.15 for 30meg bb

Back