DVB - PC Cards VDR - Need help

sentrypr

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have read on other forums that VDR is the way to go to get the most sky+ like functionality from a pc with a dvb-c card.

I am currently running a pc with Windows 2000, Progdvb and a softcam and it works ok but would prefer to use VDR.

All the information I can find on other forums for setting up VDR with a softcam are in German. Does anyone have a good tutorial in English for setting up VDR for Uk cable?

Thanks in advance...

DVR = Digital Video Recorder

You all ready have that if you have your DVB card working.

PVR = Personal Video Recorder, this is the funtionality like Sky+ or Tivo gives you.

To make your PC into a PVR you need software this could be MCE, Sage, Media Portal etc.

Tell us what software you are trying to use and someone may be able to piont you in the right direction.

Getting vdr working with sc normally requires compiling, and often issues with drivers.

Open up an internet browser and goto ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Tools download the latest vdr-install-script*.run script. Save this in your home directory.
Open a command shell and you should be taken to your home directory which contains the file you just downloaded.
The file needs to be run and to achieve this we need to alter its properties by entering :-

chmod +x vdr-install-script*.run

To make sc available in the install script follow the very brief instructions at

http://207.44.152.197/script11.htm

Good luck
Mike

Back