Vaughan in talks for Radio 1 breakfast show

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Johnny Vaughan is rumoured to be in talks to replace Sara Cox on the Radio 1 breakfast show.

Cox, who took over from Zoe Ball three years ago, is expected to step down in April. Ratings for the flagship show - which airs between 7am and 10am - have recently dropped by 500,000 to just 5.4 million.

Chiefs at the station believe that Vaughan, former host of Channel 4's now defunct Big Breakfast, will attract younger audiences with his quick wit and enthusiasm, despite being older than Cox at the age of 37.

An insider told The Sun that Vaughan had been asked to come up with a range of ideas for radio shows. “This includes the Radio 1 Breakfast show and other topical shows," the source said. “BBC bosses want somebody who can attract a young audience — and he is used to doing that on the Big Breakfast. He proved on the Big Breakfast that he can perform and be funny every morning, no matter how early."

I think he will do a good job. Surely even Johnny could never dream he would one day get a job, replacing cox.
:Hit:

i hope he does cuz she really gets on my nerves first thing in the morning and im sick of having to switch to local radio which i spose is even worse with adverts every 10 seconds ......:mad:

radio 2 zooropa far better these days either that or i'm past it
(no its true radio 2 far better):)

honest;)

Back