Van Damme has heart attack

ruud36

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Van Damme heart attack scare

Buzz Up!

Enlarge Photo
Jean-Claude Van Damme has reportedly suffered a minor heart attack on the set of his latest movie.
The action film star was taken to hospital in New Orleans on Tuesday 19 October, a day after his 50th birthday. The good news, however, is that the 'Muscles from Brussels' is now recovering.

He was given the all-clear by doctors, who expect him to make a full recovery, and headed back to Belgium with his wife, Gladys Portugues.
After filming scenes for his latest movie 'Weapon' in Romania, Van Damme had flown to New Orleans to begin a three-day shoot when he was taken ill.
While the star's rep remained tight-lipped on the matter, reports on the incident vary - from the martial arts expert collapsing on set to him taking himself to hospital.
There are also conflicting reports on the progress of the film, with some saying production has been halted and others, such as Moviehole, reporting that, "The film hasn't actually 'halted', it's just worked around Van Damme's close-ups. The film is as good as done."
Scheduled to be released in 2011, 'Weapon' will see Van Damme as an assassin tackling a drug cartel.

Was a legit kickboxing champion years ago, I remember him from some very dubious flick. I remember reading somewhere that he was planning on fighting some martial arts fighter next year or something.

Hope he is OK.

Was a legit kickboxing champion years ago, I remember him from some very dubious flick. I remember reading somewhere that he was planning on fighting some martial arts fighter next year or something.

Hope he is OK.

yeah i heard that too, apart from i thought it was meant to be this year. lets hope hes OK.

doubt he has had a heart attack

in America it aint like the nhs where they give you pain killers and tell you to FO

he would of been kept in for observation whilst they carried out various tests

he was in hospital briefly before flying back to Belgium

if l was super fit and had an heart attack l would say l didnt ?

at 50 years old they just dont give you a quick check up and kick you out [if he had a heart attack]

could be something as simple as torn muscle, indigestion

could be similar to what happens to pro wrestlers, heart strain/possible roid use....

only read about this, shocking stuff, hope he gets better.

want to become a part of the hubble space telescope histery? send a message to hubble at this link

HubbleSite - Messages to Hubble

sent from my laptop. AMD TURION 64X2 mobile technology 1.6 ghz. NVIDIA geforce go 7300 Turbo cache. 160 HDD WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM.

could be similar to what happens to pro wrestlers, heart strain/possible roid use....

not sure if he used them, think he built up on his own?

want to become a part of the hubble space telescope histery? send a message to hubble at this link

HubbleSite - Messages to Hubble

sent from my laptop. AMD TURION 64X2 mobile technology 1.6 ghz. NVIDIA geforce go 7300 Turbo cache. 160 HDD WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM.

Back