V1 Solo2 Clone Upgrade to V2 Solo2 Clone

dirkjan73

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Ok,now a technical questions,i am happy that almost everybody has now the benefits of the V2 (i think most of u have upgraded their V1s) Ok,now this my,and i think a lot others question:

-.What did this "Upgrade software" change?

-.Is he loading the missing FPGA files?Or is he softwarely preparing the image to the architecture of the mainboard,nand/bios?

Does anyone know or have an idea about this?

Over 50 reads and zero reply???No one has a idea???Come on guys,this is the smartest forum on the Net!..

Ok,i will check and research this out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well with just the FPGA update the box with newer drivers still showed HW Error so the magic happens with the firmware update. The drivers must get loaded as part of the kernel and vu+ have obviously updated them to do a check which fails on the clones. So the firmware update now has the footprint required to keep the drivers happy, for now. What is strange is that in my old Unix days device drivers were compiled into the kernel so here there must be a stub that then loads the files that we messed around with.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Over 50 reads and zero reply???No one has a idea???Come on guys,this is the smartest forum on the Net!..

Ok,i will check and research this out...

you could have 10,000 reads..if no one knows they wont comment..keep your hair on.

Back