V. Strange Problem Relating to Using a Sammy & a Pace

G

gaz_0001

Hi,

My mate just got a chipped NTL Box. He split the signal into the other room and had a subbed box, in front room and the dodgy one in the back room.

The subbed box was behaving really slow and stuttery way before the chipped box come on the scene. So he called NTL. He unplugged the chipped box and hid that away. NTL then come round and instead of fixing the subbed NTL box they just straight swapped it for a Silver Samsung box.

The silver sammy is working fine but when he connected up the chipped box (Pace) it dont work.

Can you use a sammy and pace together, and is this is a common problem??

We took the splitter off all together so that we just had the one normal NTL line.(Original, Un-Tampered). Put the sammy on it worked fine, then put the tricked out box on and it dont work. Just shows the pace logo, and then nothing.

So then we got next doors magic box, which is fully working. Put it in me mates house and it dont work. Then we took his box and our broken tricked out box round to his house, and tried them both there, and they worked fine???

What going on???

Any ideas at all??

Seems like a chipped box just wont work in his particular house.

When the ntl guy come round he did use his laptop and he also went into the engineers menu. Not entirely sure what he did as i was not there but he told my mate that he was setting the frequency? Now it may of had been that he was just setting the sammys frequency up, or is there any chance that the two box's could be set up with slightly different frequencys or net id's - this is what i will check next. Can someone please tell me how to access the eng menu in the sammy's??

Any other ideas people or similar problems, please holla.

i know some one who has two pace boxes and two sammy all working in one house mate so there should'nt be a problem

what the engineer my have done is disconnect one of the lines, check that the pace works on the line where the sammy is working!! if this doesn't sove anything then it may be a signl prob.

There is onlky one line mate, with a splitter on it. what we done is took the splitter off all together, so we just had one nlt signal wire. We plugged the sammy in, it worked fine, we plugged his pace in, it doesnt wqork, then we plugged me mates chipped box on the line and that dont work. We then tok all the box's next door, put them on the guys ntl line and they all work fine.

Whats goin on!!!!!!!!!1

there may be a splitter in the box outside
this will reduce the signal strength and he may have had the power redused so it the pace box wont work
try in the engineers menu on the pace
look for the signal strengths should all be green
also look for the attenuation
put this to low
then try again

Right OK, im gonna check the signal ect on both box's then i will let you ll know.

Back