Using XBMC's TuxBox Stream Client ?

Munkee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Installed the new xbmc yesterday and Noticed the tuxbox stream, Thought it would be handy to stream football around the house ( especially with the OF game tomorrow )

I'm using dw 1.6.2 as the dreambox image and 2007-04-20 build , I can Successfully get access and Download / parse all channels and bouquets. But when it comes to streaming the channel the Prgress bar Hangs when it detects ts file and after a few minutes I Eventually cancel it .

Has anyone had any luck streaming with 1.6.2 , I'm thinking about updating to 1.6.5 but if theres a around I would be very grateful in some pointers

also Apologies if this has been covered but the search function doesn't cover cable section

EDIT

Changed to MGCAMD and all seems to work now , 10 minutes after I post this as well :(

Last edited:
i cant get a dreambox to stream properly thats something thats being worked on i think. had no probs at all streaming from a dbox tho

It's all down to the firmware, and there is little or no help to be had from these forums (search for my posts and you'll see what I mean)

You can get it working, it's a pain in the arse but worth it eventually

When I've got enough posts I might be able to actually do a writeup and put it in the forum for others to use, but to be honest certain peoples replies on this forum have already soured me to this.

My Dreambox was sold to me "with streaming capabilities" assumed it was going to be "out of the box". This was not the case and it took 2 days of searching high and low (no thanks to this forum with its crappy 20 post limit rule for downloads) took me all over the web, reinstalling and resetting my dreambox at least 6 or 7 times to get the correct firmware, ttl settings etc until evntually now I have a dreambox that is happily setup for everything correctly.

I consider myself to be quite technical. For anybody who isn't technical, just forget it - at least from "suggestions" in here anyways

Funniest thing was, my dreambox came branded with "digitalworldz" stamped all over it and the crappy robot voice even announces it when the box is switched on, then you come for help and well... you can see my point ;)

Back