using dcc on tm800hd

Rohtang666

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey people, having a little trouble with putting plugins on my tm800hd. I've opened up DCC, connected to my stb via router, clicked on the tab tools-IPKG packages and tried to upload Rats updater package. It shows as 'done' in the protocol window but isnt showing up on my stb. I did the same process yesterday to my dads stb and all was ok the package went straight on. Ive restarted the box after too and still nothing.. I must add my image is UR team and my dads is IQ team, dunno if that matters?

many thanks

:Dunce:

If I remember correctly you have to use the opkg install command instead of ipkg install.

yes, pretty sure it is. to manually install plugins i use ftp to transfer the .ipk file to /tmp - which is a softlink??? to /var/volatile/tmp - then open telnet, cd to /tmp and run it using 'opkg install'. works for me regardless of which image.

Thanks for the info guys. DCC wasnt recognising E2 on my stb and said I had only limited access, something I had earlier missed. I've managed to sort the problem after compairing it to another stb, the difference was mine had no password on it, so I created a password and all seems ok now, Rats updater showed up on the plugins page after simple install and a quick restart.. Happy happy :)... Cheers again guys for your info I'm sure it will come to use in the future

Back