Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

using a 500c as a sat server

diggerdunne

Inactive User
new to the sat side of things. Have a dm 500c and a dm 500s both connected to my router with nablio image on both. Was thinking of using the 500c as a server with my sly card and the 500s as a client.The sly card reads in the 500s but when i went in and edited the cccam file and put in f and c lines i could not see the channels on the 500s client with the card in the 500c. I just want it setup in the house for upstairs and downstairs and thought as i have a 500c it could work. i have cccam 2.1.3 on both. Do i need to change anythin else on the 500c. Also i put the box key into the cccam file on the 500c but doesnt seem to clear the sly stations...
any ideas would be great

well i installed it and then went to the blue button menu on nablio and it says default cam 2.1.3 How do i know if its running or just installed?

Thanx

no i tried that and it wont work. So i guess its not running on the 500c. It works on the 500s ok. How can i install it on the 500c. I thought it was on it when it said cccam was its default cam....

well i installed it and then went to the blue button menu on nablio and it says default cam 2.1.3 How do i know if its running or just installed?

Thanx

I dont have any knowledge of nabilo images m8 sorry,

but if you can telnet into the box and type "ps" without the quotes you will get a list of running processes,check if cccam is one,

if not then there will be a way to enable it in the blue button menu,

Lets know how you get on.

install PLI Jade 3 maxvar image mate

it already has cccam installed and is a light weight image and is ready to go.

just copy over your .cfg

hi

i have have used a dm500c as server in tests I found the dm500c needs to start on a channel to start the cccam
I connected dm500c to tv picked a channel then pressed ok/menu then down list to set as start this starts box on channel and cam
( this works on Nabilosat v0.8 maxvar) now not connected to tv but starts cam on start up

hope this may help

Last edited:
hi

i have have used a dm500c as server in tests I found the dm500c needs to start on a channel to start the cccam
I connected dm500c to tv picked a channel then pressed ok/menu then down list to set as start this starts box on channel and cam
( this works on Nabilosat v0.8 maxvar) now not connected to tv but starts cam on start up

hope this may help

Never had that issue using OpenPLI images even really old ones...must be a Nabilosat peculiarity,,,

hi gsmtech

I have only ever used the Nabilosat v0.8 maxvar image on dm500c
Its not on all the time I just found I had to start cam
so set channel to start at start up (the box starts on bbc1)

ok i put the pli image on the 500c and have cccam running as when i put in 192.168.1.15:16001 it comes up on my laptop. The card reads in the 500s no prob's. Only have basic sly package at the moment so no movies or sports. I have edited the c and f lines and put in the box key to the 500c but still not clearing the sly stations...
Any ideas????

Cheers

how can i test if the 500c is reading the card? When i put the ip address into my browser i can see the client on the server and the server on the client so they are seeing each other. What do ya think i am missing that the channels aint clearing

Thanx....

how can i test if the 500c is reading the card? When i put the ip address into my browser i can see the client on the server and the server on the client so they are seeing each other. What do ya think i am missing that the channels aint clearing

Thanx....

Try putting the card in upside down,
I'm sure I read somewhere that the card reader is the other way up in a 500c,mind you I could have been hallucinating at the time lol

tried putting it in upside down but no joy
Here are the readings i am getting from the cccam in my browser.I'm using cccam 2.1.1, does that matter

Current time 01:41:10
NodeID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Uptime: 00d 00:02:05
Connected clients: 1
Active clients: 1
Total handled client ecm's: 0
Total handled client emm's: 0
Peak load (max queued requests per workerthread): 1

+---------+---------------+------------+------------+------+-----+--------+----------------------+
| Username| Host | Connected | Idle time | ECM | EMM | Version| Last used share |
+---------+---------------+------------+------------+------+-----+--------+----------------------+
|root |192.168.1.15 |00d 00:03:15|00d 00:00:04|23 (0)|0 (0)|2.1.1 |0963:000000:196a (nok)|

+---------+---------------------------------------+
| Username| Shareinfo |
| root|local 0963:000000 23(0) |

hi

if the card is being read in the dm 500s then back up the image and flash it on the dm500c put a new f-line in the cfg file on the dm500c(for dm 500s)

put a new cfg file in dm500s with a c line to share with dm500c

Last edited:
tried putting it in upside down but no joy
Here are the readings i am getting from the cccam in my browser.I'm using cccam 2.1.1, does that matter

Current time 01:41:10
NodeID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Uptime: 00d 00:02:05
Active clients: 1
Total handled client ecm's: 0
Total handled client emm's: 0
Peak load (max queued requests per workerthread): 1

| Username| Host | Connected | Idle time | ECM | EMM | Version| Last used share |
|root |192.168.1.15 |00d 00:03:15|00d 00:00:04|23 (0)|0 (0)|2.1.1 |0963:000000:196a (nok)|

| Username| Shareinfo |
| root|local 0963:000000 23(0) |
Could be a faulty card reader m8 does it see the entitlements ?

Last edited:
If it works on your 500s why not copy the image from your 500s and put it straight on your 500c?

They both should work exactly the same, apart from the cable tuner not working for satellite.

ok guys an update. I backed up the image from the 500s via telnet and re installed it on the 500c. It worked after i edited the f and c lines. I think the problem was that initially i had cccam 2.1.1 on the 500c and 2.1.3 on the 500s. Then i put 2.1.1 on both and no joy so i then put 2.1.3 on both and it worked.
Thanks for all the help and hope this might help someone else in the future

Cheers again....

ok guys an update. I backed up the image from the 500s via telnet and re installed it on the 500c. It worked after i edited the f and c lines. I think the problem was that initially i had cccam 2.1.1 on the 500c and 2.1.3 on the 500s. Then i put 2.1.1 on both and no joy so i then put 2.1.3 on both and it worked.
Thanks for all the help and hope this might help someone else in the future

Cheers again....

You might want to upgrade to at least 2.1.4, If your sharing white card with these recievers, 2.1.3 wont auto update entititlements on the card 2.1.4 will.

Back