useless AMTRACK couriers

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
my m8 wanted an item from ebay, so i ordered it for him.

on Friday last week, i arrived home from work at 2:15pm, and a card was behind door from AMTRACK, saying they tried to deliver at 1pm but no answer and that they would try again on next working day.

on Saturday i phoned them as they had on the card saturday open hours, no feckin answer.

on Monday i arrive home from work at 2:15pm and another card behind door saying delivery attempt 2 failed so now i have to contact office to collect.

the stupid card only has a number on it, no address for office.

he scribbles the consignment number on in some alien writing only he could understand.

i phone the office and get told to visit the office after 5pm.

i eventually find the office in Wythenshawe and show them my card, the girl there checks the computer and says the driver is not back at office yet, so she rings him on his moby, and he asks to speak to me.

he tells me the parcel is in his van, and has a delivery at 5:30 about a mile from my house, so he will call back at mine on his way back to depot after his 5:30 drop off.

i waited till 9pm, still no ferkin delivery.

i phoned the office the next day, and then they tell me the parcel has been signed for by my partner in flat 5, i don't even live in a ferkin flat.

i challenged him about this, and them he says he will ring me back.
when he rang back, he told me he got mixed up with another delivery, and that my parcel was at the depot, and i would have to drive to the depot to collect it, when i argued about why the driver told me to go home and he would drop it off, he said the driver never said that, and cos 2 attempts were made, it has to be a collection now.

i drove again to the depot and the same girl couldn't find my parcel GRRRRRRRRRR, so she asks someone in warehouse, and he tells her that it is in her office, she must have walked past it 50 times that morning.

i eventually got my parcel, but would not reccommend AMTRACK to anyone.

Just wanna clear up a few points for u m8.

The reason he came back at the same time every day is because as a delivery driver u have a lot of parcels to delever. Some days I had 100 individual drops. Over several towns. Every day I had scheduled deliveries (ie before 9 or before 10) to deliver to one particular company. This pretty much decided my route for the day. With 100 deliveries I had to work out the best route to deliver the maximum amount of parcels. I would often turn up at the same time each day to deliver stuff. No other way of doing it.

The last point i want to answer is the girl in the office not noticing ure parcel. She probably sees thousands of parcels each day. Noticing details of one parcel is futile. I can fully understand why she did not take note ure one parcel. Seen 1 seen a million

Take on board your points notmeatall3. What is more frustrating is when a delivery slot is arranged - morning or afternoon, time off work is booked and nothing turns up - no call or anything. When I phone the office I get told 'they ran out of time, would you like to arrange another delivery time?' My response was 'what is the point, I arranged the last one and it never arrived!!' I do sympathise with the poor souls answering the phone as they must receive a load of uncalled for abuse but it just seems that customer care has gone out the window at times! I had one fiasco where one part of my wardrobe was delivered but not the other despite them both being on the same lorry. They then delivered another package of the one I already had but not the half I was missing. It took about three months before I got the whole wardrobe!! I know it really is laughable now but at the time I was pulling my hair out!

If u really knew how amarturish the system was you'd be disgusted.

Useful tips for future.

Make sure u tell company buying from u ure phone number ask them to pass it on with instructions like DELIVER AFTER FIVE or DELIVER TO No 5 ACCROSS ROAD IF IM OUT or PHONE 1 HR PRIOR TO DELIVERY. etc
Leave a note in the door giving instructions.
Never delivered AMTRACK but SECURICOR and UPS are able to give drivers instructions as part of the delivery. i.e. on the lable.

If u unhappy giving that info to company that sending item.
Most people will give u a tracking number. Use that to contact couriers and give them the instructions.

At end of day a driver wants to deliver all his parcels if he can help it.
Occasionally this will be impossible but if they not get there it means more work morrow.

Last edited:
AMTrak seriously are the worst in my opinion. I waited in all day for a parcel, it never came, even though I had paid for next day! So i called them and they tried to tell me that they had tried to deliver the item, but they had conveniently ran out of the cards you get!!

What a load of bo**ocks!

Back