USB loader problems

steve7713

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just updated my Wii from a moded 3.1 to 4.1 using Modmii and it all seams to be fine but at the moment I have only played originals.

I was wanting to use the USB loader to back up my game to an external 80gig drive, but any time I try to run the loader it returns an error when trying to load cios222 with errror (-1).

I have attempted to update the cios222 using ios249 and it errors out an restarts the homebrew channel.

I have only 1 drive at the moment to test with is this the problem and do I have something wrong the upgrade to 4.1?

Last edited:
check the install of the usb loader which loader are you using ?
is the drive fat32 formated ?
are you using a forwarder ?
is the usb loader on the memory card or the hdd ?

need far more info than you have given

edogg

There was a loader when I used Modmii, after I used the TUT from Bro there was a second.

The hard drive is FAT32 and again using Bro's TUT.

The loader is on the drive.

I am not sure what you mean by forwarder.

I have istalled a SONY 8gig stick that is on the compatible list and set up as Bro's TUT, run the configurable USB loader and get the error "Custom IOS 222 could not be loaded! (-1)" press and button to restart.

I will give any information needed to get this working, my youngest is killing my disc's, I would like to get them on the HD.

Just ran Pimp my Wii, got the updates and I still can not get pass the error.

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong?

Should I softmod again?

a forwarder is a channel on the wii menu that jumps to the usb loader on the hdd if you dont have that then i assume you have everything on the sd card .

here is cios222 unrar it on to a sdcard and run from the homebrew channelView attachment 55081

edogg

Is the the same one Dididude has linked, if so I have tried this. I will try again when I can tonight.

I can not find out what the (-1) error is, any idea?

have you got a usb memory stick or a big enough sd card to put a game on to test if it is the hdd you are using

edogg

see if this is any help running usb loader cios 222 -1 error - Google Search

Thanks edogg, I have tried a 8gig Sony stick that is listed as being confirmed working and a USB hard drive with the same results. With one of these attached the loader will start to run showing then stops with the error.

Maybe some kind soal in or around Glasgow would look at it for me.

i had exactly the same problem as you m8.

to get past it, i had to update my loader from version 50 to version 60.

i had exactly the same problem as you m8.

to get past it, i had to update my loader from version 50 to version 60.

I took your advice and updated to V60, working fine now, Ta.

Back