Linux usb hard drive no data

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
this morning while moving some files from a duo to the samba share on my rpi suddenly i got error messages about needing permission to do this so I then used mobaxterm to look at the file system on my rpi it is apparently empty I believe the first block has become corrupted because I know there is 33 folders containing 7/8 files I need to recover them any suggestions

I rebooted from the mains and now the files are back

Glad to hear every is back now.

Have you done any interesting projects on it so far?

@ gadgethome no m8 still just using it as sickbeard/sabnzb/Nas and now running openelec xbmc from a different sd card some thing is still not right I keep losing the contents on the hard drive when i change form raspbian to openelec I have found if i unplug both from the usb power supplies then plug the rpi in followed immediately by the usb harddrive the folder is occupied if leave the usb harddrive plugged in it registers but shows no content "empty folder" . I ran fsck yesterday and it found several errors and fixed them but the empty folder persists

@edogg Sounds like a strange issue. I dont have that issue but I do have problems with files that have been renamed within the rar files. I have to run quickpar on my Pi using Wine as it will rename the files correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my rpi network drive mapped to my win7 laptop so I can run winrar on the laptop for.renamed files. Have you seen the raspi supercomputer 16 rpi connected together amd housed in lego

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Dont think I've seen it. Do you have a link to it? I have two Pi so only another 14 to go :)

Back