US Robotics 22mbps wireless access point.

CHEESEBOY

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

Can anyone tell me if I can use the above kit to get my D-Box2 to talk to my wireless network ? I've tried plugging it in and it can't see my router.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers all

Cheeseboy

i think you need to set the access point to "Ad-hoc" link up. you need to configure the access point, than the dbox. once the access point works than the dbox should be ok.

Thanks CoolTool, not entirely sure how I set it to adhoc mode but I'll spend some time on the web looking.

Thanks again

Cheeseboy

CHEESEBOY said:
Thanks CoolTool, not entirely sure how I set it to adhoc mode but I'll spend some time on the web looking.

Thanks again

Cheeseboy

Adhoc is for computer to computer networks. If youre using a router then you want infrastructure.

You should be able to use it. Make sure your routers security is turned down whilst you get it going and then turn it on slowly. i.e. MAC address control and WEP etc.

Also make sure your routers is set to broadcase SSID . Finally program the access point using a network cable at first, make sure you`ve set all the wireless stuff up just right before you let it connect via wireless.

Back