US man charged for shooting mower

karym6

DW Regular
Reaction score
A 56-year-old man from the Midwestern US state of Wisconsin has been arrested after shooting his lawn mower in his garden because it would not start.

Keith Walendowski was charged by police in Milwaukee with disorderly conduct and possession of a sawn-off shotgun.

He could face a fine of up to $11,000 and a maximum prison sentence of six-and-a-half years if convicted.

Police officers said Mr Walendowski had told them: "It's my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want."

Police found the shotgun, a handgun and a stungun, as well as ammunition, when they detained Mr Walendowski in the basement of his house.

Witnesses told police that he appeared to have been drinking.

The lawn mower was found sitting outside Mr Walendowski's house, which he shares with his mother, with the rubbish on Friday.

A local retailer said that Mr Walendowski might now have difficulty getting his lawn mower repaired.

"Anything not factory recommended would void the warranty," said Dick Wagner, of Wagner's Garden Mart in Milwaukee.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7526628.stm

A local retailer said that Mr Walendowski might now have difficulty getting his lawn mower repaired.

"Anything not factory recommended would void the warranty," said Dick Wagner, of Wagner's Garden Mart in Milwaukee.

That bit made me chuckle.

cool i'm gonna take a catapult to my hedge trimmer, damn those garden tools, grrrr :), thats my motto if it does not work, blow it apart :Clap:

l remember a hot day years and years ago pulling and pulling the motors cord till it snapped , then l threw it in the old outside toilet ,, luckily we had a inside one .. sold the house with the lawnmower still in the there

thats what makes me laugh, probably get less for shoplifting
well yeah, shop lifting doesnt normally imply the use of a weapon?

The silly old coot probably had to much to drink and got baked one afternoon. Lucky he didnt injure himself or others really.

well yeah, shop lifting doesnt normally imply the use of a weapon?

The silly old coot probably had to much to drink and got baked one afternoon. Lucky he didnt injure himself or others really.

What happens if the mower doesn't testify? Surely with no witnesses he can walk free unless the bush in the garden wants to grass him up

Back