uploading a sig to a website

wilson1980

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
can anyone help me please..im tryin to upload a sig to a website but cant seem to work out how..
this is my link

ImageShack® - Done

ive uploaded the image from my computer..what code is it i use..ive tired all them and it says remote file is 2 large but other peoples are bigger and the kb is more than the one i have..gotta rely on good old digitalworldz for help cause the other place are hopeless lol its just a stupid wee site but ive been tryin for days to get this up..cheers

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB

your sig is 200px tall.

No good.

few people on the site have got 700px × 300px and some bigger and the kb is bigger than mines..think it could b anything to do with colours..seems stupid but i was copy and cuttin images on google to make mines

Will it work if you host it on another server with the img tag?

:EDIT: not the right tag. Erm...

Your img is also 40kb.

You need to be 19.5kb or under.

Last edited:
just tired to upload it to here but again remote file is to large..didnt relise the 19kb bit so kinda explains it to me..how would i get that down..on photoshop..i used fireworks to make the image..would start again but really liked that sig picture..

cheers for that bud but its still comin up remote file is 2 large..this is doin my head in..ive tired for near a week to upload a sig now lol how hard can it be..im good with computers and thats 2 but this has pickled me more than anything else for a long time..i understand the size and all that. its got to be this and that but other people that arent mods have big sig..mines is like half the size

ImageShack® - Done

what bit off code do i use
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5125/jwilson2.jpg

when i add that to option 1 cause its from a url do i add anything else to that code..people are sayin

The img code is often turned off in vbulletin for sigs, don't know why.

what a dumb ass guys i figured it out..i was uploadin from the worng bit..i was doin the upload an image from another website..no wonder remote file was 2 big..instead i should have just insert image and typed the url in there and woo laa..cheers again for the help..knew guys on here would help is..added to both yur reps

plus it worked with the 400 x 200 and 40 kb lol

Back