Upgrade VU+ Duo - Help Needed

Malcolm-X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been using my VU+ Duo on Vix Image v1.3.0

This image has worked a treat and i've never had the need to upgrade the image, but recently been considering upgrading to a newer image.

What's the best image you would recommend for me to use and also is there a new way to upgrade the receiver or same old process (been reading something about bootloader upgrades?)

Sorry been away for a while hence lost track of what I should do.

Regards

Hi Guys,

I've been using my VU+ Duo on Vix Image v1.3.0

This image has worked a treat and i've never had the need to upgrade the image, but recently been considering upgrading to a newer image.

What's the best image you would recommend for me to use and also is there a new way to upgrade the receiver or same old process (been reading something about bootloader upgrades?)

Sorry been away for a while hence lost track of what I should do.

Regards

You don't really have a lot of choice mate

Blackhole,VTI,OpenPLi and then all the OpenPli based image which Vix is one of.

Try Blackhole as a Vix user all the options in Blackhole may be overwhelming at first but its a great image.

Don't forget to flash the bootloader too.

If you stay on VIX, you cannot use existing settings from such an old build. Flash afresh and don't restore settings.

Don't forget to flash the bootloader too.

If you stay on VIX, you cannot use existing settings from such an old build. Flash afresh and don't restore settings.

Thanks guys,

That was going to be my second question regarding Flashing the Bootloader, would I require a RS232 lead or is it flashed by USB?

Usb

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys,

That was going to be my second question regarding Flashing the Bootloader, would I require a RS232 lead or is it flashed by USB?

As said above usb. Put the file on usb, turn off box, put usb In, turn on and wait.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back